This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to play RE4 HD (PSN) later today. Anything I should know?

#11EraseGreyPosted 7/18/2013 12:04:23 PM
lambchips posted...
you should really get the gamecube or wii versions... the ps2 version is terrible and the psn version is that one

Not true.
I, for some reason own all versions except for the wii and they are defiantly different. The ps2 port is just awful. I couldn't even play for an hour. The gc version is great but the HD version, to me, is the best! Plus trophies.

As for TC
Like everyone has said, use melees to conserve ammo.
Don't sell anything that has in the description "something may fit here?" Until you complete it.
...and eh, stay away from zombies?
---
PSN: DeadCell715
#12ukokira1Posted 7/18/2013 12:08:11 PM
Upgrade the mine thrower all the way except the exclusive upgrade That way you can headshot enemies with the mine darts then run and kick them for exploding head kicks.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#13ukokira1Posted 7/18/2013 12:10:33 PM
lambchips posted...
you should really get the gamecube or wii versions... the ps2 version is terrible and the psn version is that one

Wrong. The PS3 version is the wii version with HD and the motion controls removed.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#14RaengPosted 7/18/2013 1:05:13 PM
Resident Weevil posted...
toadieman posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...
Remember that RE4 is actually a video game and not an interactive movie. RE4 comes from the era where video games were games and not movies. Therefore, you might need to get used to how to play a video game again.

Except every boss fight had QTE's in it and random events required QTE's to avoid death oh and there were more QTE's tossed around randomly as well.

Troll

K****** was such a b**** with those QTE's.

Gawd, that part was a motherf***er!

I personally disagree! RE4 to me is still one of the few games that got QTE's right. They were fun and when failed didn't really punish but rewarded you with a brutal death-scene. The QTE's during combat and the other prompts were pretty neat too.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#15RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:49:32 PM
Alright. I seem to recall that ammo was pretty limited. I ran out of ammo at the start last time I played lol.

Can you buy ammo off of that weirdo that sells you stuff? I can't recall. I guess I'll find out eventually.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#16toadiemanPosted 7/18/2013 1:53:07 PM
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
Alright. I seem to recall that ammo was pretty limited. I ran out of ammo at the start last time I played lol.

Can you buy ammo off of that weirdo that sells you stuff? I can't recall. I guess I'll find out eventually.

No. He just sells guns. Enemies drop ammo.
---
The chest is empty...like your thieving heart.
#17boring_namePosted 7/18/2013 1:54:25 PM
My advice, get the Red9 and upgrade it all the way, best handgun in the game, maybe the best gun period.
---
Feel free to add me on multitap: http://www.backloggery.com/pandas
#18RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 5:01:07 PM
Ok after playing for a little bit, I don't have a good impression of the game.

The camera angle + control scheme is a little bit disorienting. I wish the camera wasn't zoomed in so much.

I do sort of see why people like this better than RE5. In RE5 you're playing with a sidekick (Sheva) and you feel pretty unstoppable at times (especially once you unlock infinite ammo for a weapon).

In this game, you feel pretty vulnerable and the setting has a more 'scary' feel to it. Probably won't play it again soon though as the camera angle sort of causes a bit too much eye strain for me.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#19zyrax2301Posted 7/18/2013 5:06:04 PM
When the guy asks...whaddayabuyin?

You don't tell him anything, okay?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#20boring_namePosted 7/18/2013 5:09:06 PM
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
Ok after playing for a little bit, I don't have a good impression of the game.

The camera angle + control scheme is a little bit disorienting. I wish the camera wasn't zoomed in so much.

I do sort of see why people like this better than RE5. In RE5 you're playing with a sidekick (Sheva) and you feel pretty unstoppable at times (especially once you unlock infinite ammo for a weapon).

In this game, you feel pretty vulnerable and the setting has a more 'scary' feel to it. Probably won't play it again soon though as the camera angle sort of causes a bit too much eye strain for me.

Well to be fair the game is pretty old now.
---
Feel free to add me on multitap: http://www.backloggery.com/pandas