This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Heavy Rain critically acclaimed?

#21Ghost_BeastPosted 7/18/2013 12:58:58 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
kuter posted...
The game had new mechanics, which made it fresh, but then the walking dead came and destroyed it.

Much like any game that broke new ground for games.

FF7 got facestomped almost IMMEDIATELY after breaking ground with cinematic sequences.

FFVII still facestomps every game ever made, since it is the best video game ever made.

Sucks for you that graphics do not influence whether a game is good or not. Must suck having such a shallow mindset.
---
// ROBOTS & S***! //
FPS and interactive movies, ain't nobody got time fo dat
#22ISquat600lbsPosted 7/18/2013 1:01:18 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Because it was a rather ambitious title much like LA Noire that tried something ENTIRELY different from the norm.

And while it wasn't that fantastic, it was worth at least one playthrough to experience it, no less than every Trip-A game ever.

Because decision making hadn't been done in games before, multiple endings in games hadn't been done before, QTEs hadn't been done in games before... wait a minute, they'd all been done a decade before!

SigmaHaciel posted...
kuter posted...
The game had new mechanics, which made it fresh, but then the walking dead came and destroyed it.

Much like any game that broke new ground for games.

FF7 got facestomped almost IMMEDIATELY after breaking ground with cinematic sequences.

How'd it get facestomped? It's one of the most successful games of all time. no one at the time thought the cinematics were amazing, just really good (because they were then), lots of PC games of that era had much more acclaim for their cinematics.
---
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.
#23SigmaHacielPosted 7/18/2013 1:03:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24tact_coyotePosted 7/18/2013 1:04:36 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
Because Press X to Jason.

---
According to some people here troll = Somebody you disagree with or somebody who has a unpopular opinion
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss, SMT4
#25PigfartsPosted 7/18/2013 1:19:51 PM
Try more then the prolouge. It took me 3 tries to just get past the first 15 min b/c I thought it was so bad. Then I gave it a bit longer and I as like "you know this game is pretty good"

i think it was the clunky carmera that got to me at first, but after maybe 45 min I liked it.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#26mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:09:21 PM(edited)
lambchips posted...
its a movie game, what did you expect?

Which is exactly why I'm surprised that the writing was so bad and the voice work so hollow.

Having gotten past the prologue, I can confirm its lowest points are when there are kids.
---
3DS FC: 4871-3786-7598
#27zyrax2301Posted 7/18/2013 2:12:21 PM
It was a nice-looking movie-game at the time. I agree, it gets way more credit than it is due.

The game is so f***ing boring to play :' |
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#28Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/18/2013 2:25:13 PM
female nudity
---
<-<- Proud Graphics Whore ->->
#29XMonkeySniperXPosted 7/18/2013 2:30:03 PM
Oh look, this thread again. You're like 5 years late bud.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#30Jon_GodPosted 7/18/2013 2:39:04 PM
VigilantSteve posted...
Because the game as a whole, while flawed, was excellent and very different from 99% of other games that come out these days.

This.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/