This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new Strider game looks like a iOS or Android game

#1SockNightPosted 7/18/2013 7:32:04 PM
agree? It seems like you're just running foward slashing stuff like a dash game.
#2spectermaster14Posted 7/18/2013 7:34:22 PM
Have you ever played Strider?
#3Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/18/2013 7:42:10 PM
this is why newer gamers are annoying
---
<-<- Proud Graphics Whore ->->
#4SockNight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 7:52:57 PM
newer gamers? I've been gaming since 5 (go back to cod kid) and it looks like just running forward and slashing, I've seen the Strider on PS1 and it doesn't seem like a tablet game.
#5spectermaster14Posted 7/18/2013 7:56:56 PM(edited)
Strider 2 (the PS1 game in question) is more about running forward and slashing than the new one, new one's a Metroid style situation. You should probably actually play the games rather than just looking, they've always been simple. Great fun, too.
#6SockNight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:06:47 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Strider 2 (the PS1 game in question) is more about running forward and slashing than the new one, new one's a Metroid style situation. You should probably actually play the games rather than just looking, they've always been simple. Great fun, too.

Well that's not going to happen for months.
#7Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/18/2013 8:11:48 PM
SockNight posted...
newer gamers? I've been gaming since 5 (go back to cod kid) and it looks like just running forward and slashing, I've seen the Strider on PS1 and it doesn't seem like a tablet game.

what does CoD have to do with you saying that a game that has always been running forward and slashing, primarily, is now a negative thing.

And you've seen strider on PS1? I played it in the arcades.

Don't call me a kid
---
<-<- Proud Graphics Whore ->->
#8AnonUnknownPosted 7/19/2013 3:18:03 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
SockNight posted...

what does CoD have to do with you saying that a game that has always been running forward and slashing, primarily, is now a negative thing.

Don't call me a kid

Saying "go play CoD" is the new way to say "go to hell" when someone has no more arguments.
#9jammiesPosted 7/19/2013 3:32:06 AM
TC's face looks like a text adventure game.
Agree?
Now I want to run forward and slash things.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10John_HawkwoodPosted 7/20/2013 2:01:06 PM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
SockNight posted...

Don't call me a kid

Amen brother. I was just thinking about my first experience with Strider, and it was at the arcade as well. I was 15, lol. My first import ever was a port of Strider the very next year for the Mega Drive. Good times, good times.