This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is The Last Of Us one of the best games ever?

#21akuma634Posted 7/19/2013 4:31:58 PM
I'd say it's one of the best games this gen and I really love this gen. For me I have some little nitpick things that keep me from the perfect score. It's mostly the very obvious videogame cliches that the game didn't shy away from like the "crate" dragging puzzles, a few times where you need a floating piece of wood to carry Ellie because she can't swim (not knowing how to swim did make sense but doing the same thing in every situation got old fast,) and I think in generally the game could have used smarter puzzles and made it less obvious as generic things you do in a videogame because the story set the bar very high but you still drag s*** around because it's a game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#22nanofazz97Posted 7/19/2013 5:19:29 PM
I would say yes, only for one component of the game: it's melee combat. Out of all the games released in the last decade, none of them had melee combat quite like this one. Whereas Heavy Rain is too much film and little game, The Last of Us is the perfect mix.
#23hyperknees91Posted 7/19/2013 5:32:09 PM
nanofazz97 posted...
I would say yes, only for one component of the game: it's melee combat. Out of all the games released in the last decade, none of them had melee combat quite like this one. Whereas Heavy Rain is too much film and little game, The Last of Us is the perfect mix.

TLOU has nothing and I mean nothing on Godhand.
---
oof