This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which should i get? Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas

#1ModernFOXXPosted 7/20/2013 4:18:46 PM
Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim? - Results (62 votes)
Skyrim
64.52% (40 votes)
Fallout new vegas
35.48% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since i lost all my saves on my ps3 (story is unimportant. Old fat 80 gig gave out, had to get a new ps3, lost saves, sad face) I was wondering if i should start another adventure in Skyrim, (a game i enjoyed so idc about dark souls this or dark souls that) or a completely new and fresh adventure in New Vegas, a game i have never played. I have played fallout 3, so i am familiar with the concept of NV.

P.S.- the cost of these games is unimportant to me so dont take that factor into account please. Thank you
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#2Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 7/20/2013 4:20:02 PM
Skyrim IMO. But then again I'm prejudice against post apocalyptic stories. Never cared for them. Such downers.
#3Battleship_GrayPosted 7/20/2013 4:22:28 PM
SKyrim. I actually am not a huge fan of medieval RPG's but there's a lot I didn't like about New Vegas. The NV expansions are pretty f'n fantastic though.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#4ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 4:24:08 PM
Battleship_Gray posted...
SKyrim. I actually am not a huge fan of medieval RPG's but there's a lot I didn't like about New Vegas. The NV expansions are pretty f'n fantastic though.

how many of them are there and how much are there? and would buying all of them make it a better choice than Skyrim or no?
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#5KingDonIsHerePosted 7/20/2013 4:25:37 PM
Skyrim definitely.

Overall better game than vegas and one of the ebst games this gen.

All the issues with the lag and stutter seem to have been sorted out.

Brilliant open world with lots to do.

Go for it.
---
http://orderagame.com/blog/
#6guineathewopPosted 7/20/2013 4:26:50 PM
Skyrim over New Vegas? Seriously? Skyrim gets boring really fast. With all the DLC New Vegas provides a metric ton of variety.
#7merqabahPosted 7/20/2013 4:27:24 PM
new vegas has a better sense of humor, while skyrim is more about exploring, get the new vegas ccomplete edition, i think there are 4 dlc's, but if you have played skyrim already you are missinh out on another of this generation's greatest
#8Battleship_GrayPosted 7/20/2013 4:27:25 PM
ModernFOXX posted...

how many of them are there and how much are there? and would buying all of them make it a better choice than Skyrim or no?

There are...four?

Dead Money
Honest Hearts
Old World Blues
Lonesome Road.

It's hard to say because there's a weird inverse. I loved the main Skyrim game but the DLC's kind of bored me (haven't gotten Dragonborn yet though) and I liked the NV DLC's way more than the main questline. They're all pretty different gameplay and atmosphere wise (Dead Money is pretty much survival horror) but they all form a cohesive story between them.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#9kel25Posted 7/20/2013 4:28:36 PM
ModernFOXX posted...

4 and they all come with the Game of the Year edition. If you want to buy Fallout New Vegas I would say get that version because you should be able to get it cheaper than buying the DLC normally.

I would say that Fallout New Vegas is a vastly superior game to Skyrim without the DLC. It has the better combat system and leveling system. You also don't get annoyed by dragon attacks when all you want to do is sell your inventory, talk to an NPC, explore the wilderness...
#10ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 4:33:16 PM
kel25 posted...
ModernFOXX posted...

4 and they all come with the Game of the Year edition. If you want to buy Fallout New Vegas I would say get that version because you should be able to get it cheaper than buying the DLC normally.

I would say that Fallout New Vegas is a vastly superior game to Skyrim without the DLC. It has the better combat system and leveling system. You also don't get annoyed by dragon attacks when all you want to do is sell your inventory, talk to an NPC, explore the wilderness...

ok and thanks. i did have 2 level 40 players in skyrim so i know what its like, but ive only played a bit of FO3 (fallout 3). is NV better than FO3 tho?
---