This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: You should be entitled to free digital copy of every physical game you buy

#1BisolarPosted 7/21/2013 12:52:05 AM
Should you? - Results (150 votes)
C
44% (66 votes)
D
56% (84 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Seems like the right idea to me (if the game has a digital copy at all of course). I already bought and own the game...
#2Raven_CyarmPosted 7/21/2013 1:04:13 AM
Seems like you're overentitled.

All that'll happen is people buying a game, installing it and immediately selling it back to the store.

You couldn't be worse at marketing if you'd have said "Hey, let's just give people the game without them paying in the first place."

OH WAIT, THAT'S WHAT WOULD ESSENTIALLY HAPPEN
---
Buying games for trophies or achievements is saying "Hey, meaningless virtual trinkets are worth more than real money to me."
#3ace_spades111Posted 7/21/2013 1:04:28 AM
it would be great but then everyone can just sell there physival copy day 1 for maximum profit.

I assume for some security against selling the digital copy they would make it suck that you have to redeem the code from in the disc/game menu so selling the code would be useless
#4A_Nonny_MoosePosted 7/21/2013 1:29:38 AM
If you could pay a little bit more to get it, like triple-play bluray, it would be fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#5sean2995Posted 7/21/2013 1:37:21 AM
Why would I want 2 versions of the game?
#6Mutant1988Posted 7/21/2013 1:51:28 AM
Bisolar posted...
Seems like the right idea to me (if the game has a digital copy at all of course). I already bought and own the game...

You bought and own 1 copy of the game. Not infinite access to any amount of copies.

But there's one of the advantages of digital distribution. You can technically access that 1 copy from anywhere, on any machine.

Of course, there's restrictions for doing so (Like how Sony allows 2-3 activated machines for offline play or otherwise require you to be logged in at all times to use the content) and end users having access to these features, or even the game working at all, past the company's ability to maintain their servers is very doubtful.

If they implement a system to allows users to legally acquire the content they no longer provide through their services, I would support digital. As it is, I take my chances on physical discs and my own ability to keep them in working condition.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#7VarronPosted 7/21/2013 7:16:11 AM
Maybe if it wasn't a free digital copy, but at a discount of 50% or even 75% off the digital purchase.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#8no1oblivionfanPosted 7/21/2013 7:18:59 AM
D. because that will lead to DRM.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#9gotsporkPosted 7/21/2013 7:21:21 AM
if I can digitize my cds, then I should be able to do the same for all of my media.

this will be a moot point in a few years, of course.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#10mjc0961Posted 7/21/2013 8:22:18 AM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
All that'll happen is people buying a game, installing it and immediately selling it back to the store.

/thread
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.