This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looks like Ca$hcom is trying to break a new record

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 7/21/2013 6:42:21 PM
For most milking of a single game. I just found out Ultra Street Fighter 4 is on the way. What does that make, the 5th SF4 now, right? Wonder how much on-disc DLC will be on this one.

This industry is going down the tubes...
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2docman864Posted 7/21/2013 6:49:53 PM
4th to be exact. Not even close to Street fighter 2.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#3crazyman32Posted 7/21/2013 6:51:15 PM
They know people will buy it so,I don't blame them.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#4jammiesPosted 7/21/2013 6:51:54 PM
If the industry was going down the tubes, wouldn't this be cost prohibitive?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#5BurgerTime79Posted 7/21/2013 6:52:24 PM
No, what's going down the tubes is the attitude of today's gamers. You're already complaining about something you'll likely not buy, and pushing assumptions onto the company. I can't take a single person who cries about Capcom seriously anymore. It's too rampant and become a fad at this point.

There is a whole fighting game fandom in the gaming world, and Street Fighter is a huge part of it. If Capcom wants to update their game into different variations, it's their own right to do so. They're at least offering it in an expansion format, or as an all in one disc. Which BTW, the disc includes all the DLC costumes from the previous versions.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#6TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 6:59:03 PM(edited)
BurgerTime79 posted...
No, what's going down the tubes is the attitude of today's gamers. You're already complaining about something you'll likely not buy, and pushing assumptions onto the company. I can't take a single person who cries about Capcom seriously anymore. It's too rampant and become a fad at this point.

There is a whole fighting game fandom in the gaming world, and Street Fighter is a huge part of it. If Capcom wants to update their game into different variations, it's their own right to do so. They're at least offering it in an expansion format, or as an all in one disc. Which BTW, the disc includes all the DLC costumes from the previous versions.

Your last sentence is exactly my point, people spend their money on the on-disc DLC costumes that they include in the next version for "free." Then people buy the costumes for that version, which is included in the next. Rinse and repeat. Sorry, but it wasn't that bad for Street Fighter 2.

But yeah, I'm sure Capsheep will come in here screaming "spoiled" and "entitled" etc. I still remember getting like 10 plus costumes for each character in Dead or Alive on ps1 and I don't have to pay a dime for them beyond the cost of the game itself. All I had to to was earn them while playing the game. So don't act like Capcom is doing some noble deed by including some costumes that a bunch of people already bought.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 7/21/2013 7:00:21 PM
I don't see why just making DLC instead of releasing another game with updates is bad...Seems like some sports games could learn from this. One of the smarter things Capcom has done...You know that game you have? Here's a bunch of new crap for it.

It's been two years since Arcade edition was released...and for 15 dollars they're updating it...
---
@NoSequelForTLOU - Lets Tell ND To Leave The Last of Us Alone!
#8BurgerTime79Posted 7/21/2013 7:06:07 PM
The costumes are completely optional, and they're just putting them on the disc as an incentive for some people. Give it a rest already with the hatred. You're obviously not buying it.

As I said, there's a whole other community out there, and your not in it by the amount of hate you have over the simple fact that such a product exists in the way it does. Get over it.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 7:08:44 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
The costumes are completely optional, and they're just putting them on the disc as an incentive for some people. Give it a rest already with the hatred. You're obviously not buying it.

As I said, there's a whole other community out there, and your not in it by the amount of hate you have over the simple fact that such a product exists in the way it does. Get over it.

Ok now that you said your piece you can go, toodles toots
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#10OtakuGameraPosted 7/21/2013 7:09:18 PM
if USF4 is milking then every game with an expansion pack like neverwinter, baldurs gate etc is milking
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg