This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God of War dev is mad about used games

#1NemerlightPosted 7/23/2013 2:32:06 AM(edited)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/ps4-dev-thrashes-gamestops-business-model

Maybe if they didnt charge people 60 bucks for 6 hours long game it wouldnt be a problem...

Edit: I missed the part where it said developer of GoW games on PSP. So its something like 40 bucks for 4 hours long game instead.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#2Ghost_BeastPosted 7/23/2013 2:12:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3GamerRafPosted 7/23/2013 2:13:39 AM
Down with GameStop. Power to the players, pffffffft.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#4Brocken_JrPosted 7/23/2013 2:14:14 AM
i would b pissed if i bought a $60 game for a 7 hour game, so f that im gonna keep buyin used
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHqWbfwcByI
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
#5IChangedMyNamePosted 7/23/2013 2:15:04 AM
He cries to much, seriously, his whole story just seemed like he wanted to cry.

I could go on, but I'd rather not butt heads with the Anti-used game crowd.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#6badboyPosted 7/23/2013 2:21:59 AM
If they care about sales, they should put God of War 3 & Ascension on the PS Store.
#7AlltraPosted 7/23/2013 2:31:32 AM
It doesn't sound to me like he's mad at used games. It sounds to me like he's thrashing gamestop's buisness practices, or at the very least, the practice of selling a Used Game in place of a New Game just so they can get more money.

But at the same time...how's that any different than developers stripping 1/2 of the content from their games and selling that as DLC? It's not any different, and they have no goddamn room to complain. If they want a piece of the used game market, then they should start buying and selling used titles themselves.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#8godslayer61Posted 7/23/2013 3:33:47 AM
Alltra posted...
It doesn't sound to me like he's mad at used games. It sounds to me like he's thrashing gamestop's buisness practices, or at the very least, the practice of selling a Used Game in place of a New Game just so they can get more money.

But at the same time...how's that any different than developers stripping 1/2 of the content from their games and selling that as DLC? It's not any different, and they have no goddamn room to complain. If they want a piece of the used game market, then they should start buying and selling used titles themselves.

LOL amen I fully agree.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925
#9AnonUnknownPosted 7/23/2013 3:38:47 AM
RAD is a bunch of trolls, they change version whenever they want. I clearly remember they said something about quitting support for the PSP shortly after the release of GOW:COO, and guess what happened.
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 7/23/2013 3:51:42 AM(edited)
Alltra posted...

Well, publishers generally cut content for DLC but I understand what you mean. Developers need to work harder to earn our money.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646