This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to backup games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best way to backup games?

User Info: Gamenamebully

Gamenamebully
3 years ago#1
I really want to upgrade my Hard drive for my PS3 but I am worried about losing my games. The only way I can think of is basically getting Plus and backup all my games right before putting the new hard drive in.

Is there any other way I can backup my games?
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully

User Info: jordyboy1000

jordyboy1000
3 years ago#2
Is it saves or your actual downloaded games? If you get + then you can upload saves to the cloud(backing them up) but not actual games. However once you change hard drive you can just go into your download list and re-download them.
There are other ways but idk how you do them, maybe try google.
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210

User Info: SauceyWombat

SauceyWombat
3 years ago#3
The only way to backup complete games from your PS3 console is to connect an external USB HDD & use the Backup Utility:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/backuputility.html

Then change/upgrade your internal HDD, followed by connecting the external USB HDD & using the Backup Utility again but this time selecting "Restore". That will definitely include any copy-prohibited game saves along with everything else you'd expect.
RIP 60GB PS3 11/29/06-7/11/12 & 40GB 11/08 - 8/28/12
http://tinyurl.com/Suicidal-Cat
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best way to backup games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived