This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do people feel about games giving players overall less control in games now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. how do people feel about games giving players overall less control in games now?

User Info: Leonman01

Leonman01
3 years ago#1
like the way in tomb raider how she just automatically goes behind cover when near object, instead of having to press a button. or in uncharted how he automatically crouches behind someone when going for a stealth kill, or in assassins creed the way they took away the A button for jumping.
Kinda just makes it feel less like your playing a game and more like your watching a movie. what do you guys think?
what should my new sig be?

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
3 years ago#2
Play better games.

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
3 years ago#3
now? what? in old final fantasy games you only control the character through a menu, that really didnt give you a lot of control over your characters, you couldnt even move them in battle
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna

User Info: ravensfan2055

ravensfan2055
3 years ago#4
I actually feel like games are going in a different direction. I feel like games are trying much harder to create an immersion experience and give you control. Recent games that come to mind as The Walking Dead, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or Spec Ops: The Line. Those games seem to give a lot of power to the player. I get what you're saying from a gameplay standpoint, but I like to think of those simple controls as a way to create convince and smoother controls. Drake crouches automatically because most games are that way, and your character in Assassin's Creed jumps automatically to create a smooth free running effect. That's just my opinion, though.
"The purpose of war is not to die for your country; the purpose of war is to make the other guy die for his." -- General George S. Patton
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. how do people feel about games giving players overall less control in games now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived