This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do people feel about games giving players overall less control in games now?

#1Leonman01Posted 7/23/2013 9:00:40 PM
like the way in tomb raider how she just automatically goes behind cover when near object, instead of having to press a button. or in uncharted how he automatically crouches behind someone when going for a stealth kill, or in assassins creed the way they took away the A button for jumping.
Kinda just makes it feel less like your playing a game and more like your watching a movie. what do you guys think?
---
what should my new sig be?
#2bloodcoastPosted 7/23/2013 9:01:49 PM
Play better games.
#3ManuKesnaPosted 7/23/2013 9:08:03 PM
now? what? in old final fantasy games you only control the character through a menu, that really didnt give you a lot of control over your characters, you couldnt even move them in battle
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna
#4ravensfan2055Posted 7/23/2013 9:10:13 PM
I actually feel like games are going in a different direction. I feel like games are trying much harder to create an immersion experience and give you control. Recent games that come to mind as The Walking Dead, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or Spec Ops: The Line. Those games seem to give a lot of power to the player. I get what you're saying from a gameplay standpoint, but I like to think of those simple controls as a way to create convince and smoother controls. Drake crouches automatically because most games are that way, and your character in Assassin's Creed jumps automatically to create a smooth free running effect. That's just my opinion, though.
---
"The purpose of war is not to die for your country; the purpose of war is to make the other guy die for his." -- General George S. Patton