This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SE's Kitase: "We are aware there is max expectation from fans for a FVII remake"

#21NewGuy1887Posted 7/24/2013 6:09:48 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
"It could be a remaster like X/X-2 HD"

LOL no, PS1 games don't get "remasters", it's either a Twin Snakes/REmake-esque remake or nothing.

not necessarily, it just depends how much they want to do to it. look at FF4 for psp for example.

FF7 has lots of prerendered backgrounds that still look good even in the new PC release, they could do a remastered version which is just better quality backgrounds and character models, remade battle enemies and characters and animations, improved 3d areas like world map, all on top of the original code, that would be like the FF4 psp remaster, just the same game with improved graphics but only improved within the style of the original, just a bit better. it would take SE probably only a couple of years to do with a small enough staff.

they won't do a FF4 style remade release though, as the FF fanbase complains enough as it is and it would cause more moaning if it wasn't a full scale remake, which would be very expensive and take years because of the size of the game and amount of areas (which in a remake would not be prerendered backgrounds, but all 3d areas that would take a lot of time to make).

i think the best we can hope for is the steam version to come to ps3 and ps4 with its few extras and steam achievements as trophies. they won't really think about remake it until after they have made all of FF15's games.
---
Polish, 23, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy
#22DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/24/2013 6:13:20 AM
As much as I want to believe it, I know they will never remake VII because it would take up too much time and money. Now it would sell great I am sure of that, but I just don't think they want to do it, and you can tell by the way they talk about it.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#23fusespliffPosted 7/24/2013 6:19:27 AM
It's the yearly "We know people want a VII HD remake, we'll make it when you guys stop buying everything we crap out" update!
---
DCUO- Robin2099 EU PS3 Server
#24ShinXaguraPosted 7/24/2013 6:21:49 AM
656stooge posted...
Just redo the graphics and fix the odd glitch. Do what REmake did and keep it pre-rendered though. Just add a couple of nice 3d character models and a world map.

DON'T screw with the gameplay or story!

This.

Example (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix)
---
My life is Disgaea.
#25Darth_ElusivePosted 7/24/2013 6:30:06 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
As much as I want to believe it, I know they will never remake VII because it would take up too much time and money. Now it would sell great I am sure of that, but I just don't think they want to do it, and you can tell by the way they talk about it.

You are probably right. Not only the cost would be too high for time to swallow, SE and its current management don't have the talent, competency and courage to undertake such a project.

They just talk about it from time to time so the FF name remains somewhat relevant. May be SE hopes people would think "hey, there will be FFVII remake one day, we are not getting it today so just get one of SE new FF game to quench the thirst".
---
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite
#26BahamutBBobPosted 7/24/2013 6:30:25 AM
I wouldn't mind them doing a remake in the vein of FF4 Complete on PSP or FFX HD.

Keep all of the mechanics the same, and upgrade the graphics.

But if they go full remake mode on FF7, I don't want a repeat of FF4 DS. Overall I hated the mechanics changes they did to that version and I regret buying it.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#27servb0tsPosted 7/24/2013 6:36:14 AM(edited)
If FF7 gets remade that's cool, Why SE didn't port Final Fantasy Type-O & Final Fantasy Dissidas 1 & 2 to PS3 like they did to GOW psp is beyond me but it would sell like hot cakes lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#28Paragon-57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 9:25:16 AM
servb0ts posted...
If FF7 gets remade that's cool, Why SE didn't port Final Fantasy Type-O & Final Fantasy Dissidas 1 & 2 to PS3 like they did to GOW psp is beyond me but it would sell like hot cakes lol.

I wish Type-0 was ported to consoles... If they did a double pack...
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#29RygonPosted 7/24/2013 9:34:38 AM
servb0ts posted...

I know what you mean, man. God of War PSP is my favorite Square Enix game. They should have done the others, too.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#30theRedDeathPosted 7/24/2013 9:47:51 AM
What they SHOULD do, is instead of a remake, they should do straight sequel following the Genesis plotline or whatever, and just make that game a spiritual remake of FF7. Use the same battle system, same story structure, same gameplay, same materia etc. Right down to the way towns work and the world map and everything.

So it'll be a remake in one sense, but have a new story and thus also be something completely new. Giving us the FF7 game we want but without tarnishing the original.

---
---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter