This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix on a Western Developed Final Fantasy "We'd of course think about it"

#1Paragon-57Posted 7/25/2013 10:28:46 AM
A number of Final Fantasy titles are on the way from Square Enix Japan including A Realm Reborn, Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III but the publisher "wouldn't say no" to a game in the series being developed by a Western studio.

Speaking to RPG Site Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto commented that "I wouldn't say no straight away!"

Expanding on his comment Hashimoto said "It depends on the proposal and everything, though, of course. Obviously Final Fantasy is traditionally a Japanese game, so it would really just depend on how discussion goes. But, yes - if any Western studio actually approached us, we'd of course think about it.

"I don't know why, but one of the things about Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts is that they're very unique - it's a very unique proposition that we have. I think that's why it's quite difficult for people to approach us with such ideas" he added.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16302/article/square-enix-wouldn-t-say-no-to-a-western-developed-final-fantasy/
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#2AnonUnknownPosted 7/25/2013 10:30:22 AM
"We'd of course think about it"

*suddenly remembers Final Fantasy Fortress by GRIN*
#3DrEaM_420Posted 7/25/2013 10:30:54 AM
No thanks, like everything Americans touch, it will turn to dog crap
---
Dream on..
#4xenosaga123Posted 7/25/2013 10:31:14 AM
Hasn't the industry already learned Japanese franchises don't translate well in Western development?

western developers already ruined and tainted DMC, Castlevania, Golden Axe, etc. etc.
#5theshovellerPosted 7/25/2013 10:31:29 AM
I'd like to see one get made, if only to shut up the naysayers who think every Western-made game is a shooter with "macho men" characters, and can't possibly be anything like Beyond Good and Evil, or any old-school D&D CRPG.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#6OracleGunnerPosted 7/25/2013 10:42:06 AM
Depends on who handles it and who is writing it.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#7JerichoDarkstarPosted 7/25/2013 10:43:42 AM
OracleGunner posted...
Depends on who handles it and who is writing it.

Even if it was someone like Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch (western developers I hold of the highest standard), I still wouldn't want it. That Japanese touch is what makes a Final Fantasy game Final Fantasy. Without it, it's just a Western RPG (which is good, but no Final Fantasy).
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Cloud Strife of the PS4 Board // PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#8AnonUnknownPosted 7/25/2013 10:44:11 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Hasn't the industry already learned Japanese franchises don't translate well in Western development?

western developers already ruined and tainted DMC, Castlevania, Golden Axe, etc. etc.

... Castlevania? That's typical GameFAQs mentality (unless you're talking about the 3DS game, then yes), but i agree for Golden Axe.
#9zerooo0Posted 7/25/2013 10:45:19 AM
Give it to CDPR to let them tackle a Western Final Fantasy PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words would describe how amazing that would be.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#10stawg007Posted 7/25/2013 10:46:20 AM
If they said this pre 13, I'd be worried

After 13, I can't see western devs doing any worse, hopefully 15 brings the series back to form though
---
lPayneToTheMaxl