This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i loved ff13 and 13-2 and think 15 looks horrible

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 7/25/2013 1:46:46 PM(edited)
i dont get why ppl are criticizing ff13 but are so excited for ff to turn all western and non turn based. why is that exciting to you? reminds me when resident evil turned away from being survival horror and turned into a QTE action zombie shooter with 4 and ppl praised it, and resident evil and capcom have been crap ever since. ff15 looks nothing like final fantasy. the story looks very uninteresting, it isnt turn based, and it doesnt impress me at all. IMO final fantasy is about to go capcom, and once it goes full on western im done with that series. you can praise it all you want to, i wont touch it anymore once it starts catering to the demographic i try to avoid. ive played every main series final fantasy, and i can tell you without a doubt, 15 doesnt interest me, and i think im probably going to be done with it at 14.
#2TomoEK9Posted 7/25/2013 1:46:05 PM
FF13 is universally bad. Bad story, bad gameplay mechanics, and awful awful characters.

RE4 may have been a departure from the classic RE formula but at least it was still a good game. FF15 is being done by the team that did KH, so unless you want to argue KH for taking a bad direction and being a bad game, there is hope that FF15 might actually be good.
#3SoaringDivePosted 7/25/2013 1:47:05 PM
ITT: Kingdom Hearts sucks.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
If the link isn't there, it's 'cuz I edited :/
#4Great_Pudding_3Posted 7/25/2013 1:47:26 PM
KH took a bad direction by its second game.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT & NNID: Chocobo Dragoon
#5servb0tsPosted 7/25/2013 1:48:43 PM
Most people don't like garbage ass games like FFXIII. Nor will they accept any garbage ass game that restricts the player 3/4 of the entire game.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:52:51 PM(edited)
kingdom hearts has been doing horribly for a long time now. i played 365/2 days it sucks. i havent tried birth by sleep but the card game was terrible... granted i liked kh1 but 2 was very convoluted and i was starting to turn away at that pont. it went from a kids game to a convoluted mess of confusion, to a stream of terrible side stories.

its just my opinion but im surprised kh3 isnt on the wii u, because i think it would do better on a nintendo console than it would a sony platform, because its basically a kids game...i grew out of disney a long time ago. basically cant even play kh1 with the same "magic" i had as a teenager.
#7docholliday504Posted 7/25/2013 1:52:39 PM(edited)
13's mechanics were good. Everything else was bad.

i'm concerned for 15. If you look at the track record for games that have spent a significant amount of time in development hell, its not great.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing: Skyrim DLC.
#8fusespliffPosted 7/25/2013 1:53:16 PM(edited)
Is TC the only one on the internet who doesn't know that XV used to be Versus? You know, the game that was part of his beloved XIII?
And as much as I like XIII-2, I'll take KH's battle system over XIII's any day.

its just my opinion but im surprised kh3 isnt on the wii u, because i think it would do better on a nintendo console than it would a sony platform, because its basically a kids game...i grew out of disney a long time ago.

Read: "I'm in my late teens/early 20's and want to be seen/treated as an adult"
Nobody "grows out of Disney". The whole point of Disney/Pixar movies is that they're family movies, not kids movies.
---
DCUO- Robin2099 EU PS3 Server
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:54:06 PM(edited)
docholliday504 posted...
13's mechanics were good. Everything else was bad.

i'm concerned for 15. If you look at the track record for games that have spent a significant amount of time in development hell, its not great.

well it was definately better gameplay than kingdom hearts which is just hack and slash..the problem is 15 looks kind of like kingdom hearts..which scares me. i dont want an action rpg hack and slash, get that out of my final fantasy. thats never what ff was about.
#10Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:55:40 PM
fusespliff posted...
Is TC the only one on the internet who doesn't know that XV used to be Versus? You know, the game that was part of his beloved XIII?
And as much as I like XIII-2, I'll take KH's battle system over XIII's any day.

its just my opinion but im surprised kh3 isnt on the wii u, because i think it would do better on a nintendo console than it would a sony platform, because its basically a kids game...i grew out of disney a long time ago.

Read: "I'm in my late teens/early 20's and want to be seen/treated as an adult"
Nobody "grows out of Disney". The whole point of Disney/Pixar movies is that they're family movies, not kids movies.

well they changed the name from versus 13 because it has absolutely nothing to do with 13s story. i didnt know anything about it or care as much, because i was following a completely diff story.. noctis isnt part of the ff13 universe...i thought it was silly they kept the name 13 as long as they did.