This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game

#1EgniWerdnaPosted 7/26/2013 7:06:21 AM
Which do you recommend? Why?
I just got a PS3...I'm usually a PC kind of guy but I figured I'd go ahead and grab one since they're cheaper now and there are some exclusive/better-on-consoles games I could grab for cheap.

Anyway, just wondering which one(s) is the best or if you think I should go to other console exclusives first.

Thanks.
---
My band - www.facebook.com/fromfragileseeds for fans of Brand New, Explosions in the Sky, Circa Survive, etc.
#2DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/26/2013 7:11:51 AM
Coming from a huge Assassin's Creed fan, I recommend:

AC1: Yes, it can get very repetitive after a while but you still need to play it.
AC2: Fixes everything wrong with the first, a really good game
AC:Brotherhood: Sequel to ACII and improves on everything you liked about ACII.
AC:Revelations: Continues the story of Brotherhood, but is not necessary to continue the main story, can be skipped.
ACIII: The final game with main character Desmond, improves on everything in the entire series, can be a little glitchy, but nothing game breaking.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#3akuma634Posted 7/26/2013 7:13:46 AM
DarknessXSeeker's post is very definitive. I couldn't add anything more to that.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#4epictetus1216Posted 7/26/2013 7:14:17 AM
Why do you need to play AC1? I downloaded AC2 and have no inclination to play the first game which I heard is pretty monotonous.
#5jordyboy1000Posted 7/26/2013 7:16:39 AM
Assassins creed 2 is my personal favourite, it just does everything perfectly, but if you can, try and pick up the Ezio trilogy.
---
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210
#6Merc123Posted 7/26/2013 8:09:25 AM
DarknessXSeeker pretty much nailed it.

I would reccomend playing AC1 to get the full story and its not really a bad game. It gets repetitive but i found it easy enough to not get bored. AC2 does improve in pretty much every way but AC1 still had a good setting, cool parkour, great graphics for its time and in alot of peoples opinions the best actual assassinations.

I love the AC series for its historical time periods and i really hate that more people don't talk about it because its pretty much the thing this series is best at. They really take care of the historical settings and cities and i can handle an AC game every year since i know i am getting an awesome time period or city to explore.
#7wstfldPosted 7/26/2013 8:11:07 AM
AC1 is so goddamn boring, just ignore it. AC2 and ACB are probably your best bets. AC3 is sort of a story ending, so I'd stay away and Revelations is not seen as very good (I liked it though).
---
Last Played: Civilization V: Brave New World (9.5/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us, Civ V
#8JerichoDarkstarPosted 7/26/2013 8:17:08 AM(edited)
Yep, Seeker nailed it. Couldn't have put it better myself.

EDIT: I just saw where you were asking about PS3 exclusives. In that case, the PS3 exclusives I would recommend are:

(1) inFamous - great sandbox, crazy electrical powers, good story
(2) inFamous 2 - better sandbox, better powers, better story, possibly the best PS3 game.
(3) Uncharted 1-3 - I would start with 1 or 2. If you go with 2, look up the story for 1, but 2 is by far one of the best PS3 games.
(4) God of War Collection - it would catch you up on one of the best hack-n-slashes
(5) Little Big Planet 2 - skip LBP1 considering the story isn't why you get the game, absolute total control over crazy level making

That's just a small list. As for which to go with, the best advice I can give you is look up videos of trailers from both the exclusives and AC games to see which you want the most.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Cloud Strife of the PS4 Board // PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#9twa556Posted 7/26/2013 8:15:44 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
ACIII: The final game with main character Desmond, improves on everything in the entire series, can be a little glitchy, but nothing game breaking.

HAVE YOU NEVER ****ING HEARD OF SPOILERS?

Besides that your opinion of Brotherhood is wrong, it's trash.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!
#10JerichoDarkstarPosted 7/26/2013 8:18:21 AM
twa556 posted...
DarknessXSeeker posted...

HAVE YOU NEVER ****ING HEARD OF SPOILERS?

Besides that your opinion of Brotherhood is wrong, it's trash.

Ubisoft confirmed it was the last game that Desmond was the main character. That's all. Nothing spoiled there.

And opinion's can't be wrong simply by there definition.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Cloud Strife of the PS4 Board // PSN: DarkSilverCloud