This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game

#21DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/26/2013 9:49:28 AM
EgniWerdna posted...
Well this was divisive.
I'm guessing the stories from previous games aren't required for the newer ones? If that's the case, I will probably skip 1 and start with 2 since everyone here at least agrees that 2 improves everything about 1. I'd like to get a good first taste, and while 1 may be worth playing, I'd like to start with the one that I'm least likely to put down.

Thanks for the input, and I'll consider more input if you guys have more to say.

If you're not going to play ACI you do need to watch some of it on Youtube, so you can fully understand the AC story.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#22EgniWerdna(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 10:46:41 AM
Ah gotcha. Well thanks for the info. I guess if I can't find a really good summary or something of AC1 I'll just have to play it. I just don't have tons of time so I try to make the most of my limited gaming time. Oh well.
---
My band - www.facebook.com/fromfragileseeds for fans of Brand New, Explosions in the Sky, Circa Survive, etc.
#23DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/26/2013 10:48:47 AM
EgniWerdna posted...
Ah gotcha. Well thanks for the info. I guess if I can't find a really good summary or something of AC1 I'll just have to play it. I just don't have tons of time so I try to make the most of my limited gaming time. Oh well.

I understand completely, it's just you can't really jump into ACII without having at least some knowledge of AC1's story.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#24captsplatter_1Posted 7/26/2013 11:00:21 AM
twa556 posted...
DarknessXSeeker posted...
ACIII: The final game with main character Desmond, improves on everything in the entire series, can be a little glitchy, but nothing game breaking.

HAVE YOU NEVER ****ING HEARD OF SPOILERS?

Besides that your opinion of Brotherhood is wrong, it's trash.

Now if he said Desmond dies then he would have spoiled it. Also opinions can't be wrong, it's not fact.
#25Richelieu21Posted 7/26/2013 11:20:19 AM
If you play one, you'll have played them all.
---
PSN: SFrichy
#26TroutfischPosted 7/26/2013 11:24:02 AM
AC2 and Brotherhood are generally regarded as the best so play one of those first to test the water.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
Dark Arisen Pawn: Troutfisch | Troutfisch | Mira | 54 | Mage
#27GuardianShadow0Posted 7/26/2013 1:01:50 PM
Get the Ezio Trilogy and 3. AC2 and Brotherhood are the best, Rev is meh, and 3 is disappointing but very important if you care about the 2012 story. Connor has pretty nice robes in 3, though.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc