This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jak II is better than all 3 Uncharted's and The Last of Us

#31Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/28/2013 7:44:24 AM
CrimsonCorp posted...
Of all the Jak games, you pick Jak 2? If I have to hear that Krimson Guard alert sound one more time i'll shoot myself. That game is infuriating at times. Yes yes, it's a lot easier once you've beaten it a few times, but I'll never forget those rage inducing moments that game gave me. Pure skill could only take you so far during those city missions. Too reliant on luck. Plus the setting is just so boring and depressing.

This.

Jak II is the worst of the Jak trilogy. The controls were horribly clunky. The camera and checkpoint system were complete crap. There were several particular infuriating sections. They were rage-inducing because they were so hard, but not the good kind of challenging hard, but the dumb type unintentional difficulty that comes from the game's infamously terrible design.

Jak III refined everything Jak II had and then some.

If TC had said that Jak III was better than UC2 or TLoU then maybe I would have taken him somewhat seriously.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#32bjsheppPosted 7/30/2013 5:46:57 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...
Of all the Jak games, you pick Jak 2? If I have to hear that Krimson Guard alert sound one more time i'll shoot myself. That game is infuriating at times. Yes yes, it's a lot easier once you've beaten it a few times, but I'll never forget those rage inducing moments that game gave me. Pure skill could only take you so far during those city missions. Too reliant on luck. Plus the setting is just so boring and depressing.

This.

Jak II is the worst of the Jak trilogy. The controls were horribly clunky. The camera and checkpoint system were complete crap. There were several particular infuriating sections. They were rage-inducing because they were so hard, but not the good kind of challenging hard, but the dumb type unintentional difficulty that comes from the game's infamously terrible design.

Jak III refined everything Jak II had and then some.

If TC had said that Jak III was better than UC2 or TLoU then maybe I would have taken him somewhat seriously.

Actually Jak 2 was better than Jak 3. Jak 3 had useless weapons, rushed storyline, one dimensional villian and gimmicky missions. It improved on some of the flaws of the second game, but it wasn't nearly as good. If anything Jak 2's difficulty added to the replay value. When comparing it to TLOU I'd say they're about equal
#33Ace_DefectivePosted 7/30/2013 6:20:36 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Jak 2 is a great game if you don't care about gameplay.

I care about gameplay and I think the game is great...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Goddammit I'm begging you, tri-Ace!
#34ssjgohhkuPosted 8/3/2013 11:42:36 AM
Interactive movies shouldn't be compared to video games.
#35ephidel134Posted 8/5/2013 7:46:47 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
temgun posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Uncharted has better controls,

Hell no. Uncharted has a massive input lag in the aiming and it doesn't get any better no matter how you set the sensitivity. Then you press up and X to climb. That's about it for the controls, yeah.

At least in Uncharted you CAN aim.

ZING!

Jak 2 is horrible. The driving controls are crap, there are too many enemies that can kill you in like 4 hits, the location is depressing compared to the vibrant and creative design of Jak 1's environment, the story is straight bad and cliche and the guns were a pointless addition. The game is unforgiving with the checkpoints and Dark Jak is too difficult to build up so he's nigh useless.

Thankfully Jak 3 was much better and at least the guns were creative. Dat ricochet gun.
---
Join my forum
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm