This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFX/X-2 HD remake--worth it?

#1eagles5343Posted 7/26/2013 4:04:49 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering something--I used to own U.S version of FFX back in PS2 era, and never played FFX-2. Is it still worth it to buy the HD remakes?

Like, I realize that they are the international versions. Again, haven't played FFX-2, so can't comment on it, but to play FFX again, we have to repeat doing all those side-quests and grinding, especially getting the legendary weapons, dodging lightning strikes, monster arena, leveling up characters to do 99,999 HP damage, etc.. But in exchange, we do get new content, like being able to fight Dark Aeons and Pennance. But is repeating all these things worth it just for the new content?

And if not, do you consider it justifiable to spend $60 just to play FFX-2 in HD? I personally am not sure,

what are your opinions? Especially those who played these games back in PS2 era.
#2bloodcoastPosted 7/26/2013 4:07:17 PM
Well, it's only 39.99, not 59.99 to buy the collection unless you go Vita, which then I have no idea about the pricing. As someone only played FFX, I'm getting the collection myself. Problem is though, they still haven't announced a release date; it could be 2014 for all we know.
#3ShinXaguraPosted 7/26/2013 4:07:48 PM
The game is 39.99 but yeah its worth it because for me, I love their growth systems and battle systems.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#4themegaman7Posted 7/26/2013 4:09:01 PM
As a PAL Final Fantasy X owner I find that the exprt sphere grid makes the growth system much more fun since it actually allows more free customization from the start. I never go for the Dark Aeons though, way too big waste of time imho.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#5xdividebyzeroxPosted 7/26/2013 4:09:02 PM
The price is $39.99, and if you live in NA, you are getting content we never got for the past decade. I say go for it.
---
Witness of the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones. Excuse me while I go jump off a bridge...
#6RygonPosted 7/26/2013 4:10:25 PM
You don't have to do extra content. Specifically it's the extra stuff you hate so why does that stop you from playing any of it?

FFX-2 has very good combat but everything else is lacking. It is worth playing.

The game is $40 not $60. Also, you can get it for however much you think is appropriate because games plummet in price. There's no reason to never play it because you don't like launch price.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#7OracleGunnerPosted 7/26/2013 4:17:55 PM
Yeah it's worth it. You get stuff you never had and it's at a good price.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#8stawg007Posted 7/26/2013 4:18:53 PM
The dark aeons and other extras for X is definitely worth it especially if you're a fan of the original

As for 2, the story and characters are horrendous, I consider more of a spin off than a sequel, it's nothing like X in any way but the gameplay is great and the content is packing! So if gameplay is enough for you, go for it as you'll get plenty, plus the international version is added which supposedly can add hundreds of hours of gameplay, stuff like bringing monsters into battle or even guys like Tidus or Auron, pretty sweet
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#9RygonPosted 7/26/2013 4:22:03 PM
stawg007 posted...
monsters into battle or even guys like Tidus or Auron, pretty sweet

Or Seymour
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#10stawg007Posted 7/26/2013 4:25:23 PM
Rygon posted...
stawg007 posted...
monsters into battle or even guys like Tidus or Auron, pretty sweet