This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which sex would you rather have as a protagonist?

#1OEIO999Posted 7/28/2013 12:41:03 AM
Male or Female? - Results (727 votes)
Male
37.28% (271 votes)
Female
44.98% (327 votes)
Other?...
17.74% (129 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally for me, it matters on the personality of the said individual. If its an emo-jelled up ladyboy, than I'll pick Lightning. But for most of the time, I like to play as someone who (however slightly) represents me.
#2CyborgTwentyPosted 7/28/2013 12:46:41 AM
Hot female of course.
#3Sum_quod_erisPosted 7/28/2013 12:56:40 AM
It doesn't matter as long as it's a good character.
---
P.S. - I use correct grammar online. Insane, no?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes
#4PJB-11Posted 7/28/2013 1:01:24 AM
I'm not fussy as long as they have a well-defined personality. I prefer games with a specific protagonist, i.e. Lightning or Drake, to games where you can build your own because they usually lack personality.

(That said I still think Lightning has no personality. Drake may be a cardboard cut-out but at least he's funny.)
---
Now Playing: Last of Us, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Jet Set Radio, Sly: Thieves in Time
#5MadDewgPosted 7/28/2013 1:07:19 AM
Honestly, I don't give a damn, lol. I've been gaming since the 80s and not once have I ever had a desire/need to "envision" myself as an ikari warrior, contra dude, a ninja turtle, a battletoad, a fat italian plumber, naked hedgehog wearing red shoes and gloves etc. (I guess this would be the "other" choice for me).

When it comes to "realistic" games that is common this generation, I still never thought about picking a main character just because it has some sort of real like resemblance to me, or feels like they can represent the RL me in some way, I've kind of always played video games just to...you know....play them, lol. Never could get into the whole immersion thing.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing monster hunter 3 ult., fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, shantae: risky's revenge
#6ssjgohhkuPosted 7/28/2013 1:09:48 AM
PJB-11 posted...
I'm not fussy as long as they have a well-defined personality.

So you barely play any games at all?
#7RaengPosted 7/28/2013 1:12:55 AM
Considering you'll be looking at the ass of said character for 90% of the gameplay I'd prefer it to be one I'm attracted to.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#8DSKEmmanuelPosted 7/28/2013 1:18:51 AM
the only female protagonists of games i can actually stand to play are samus aran (the exception being other m) and chell from the portal series. but i prefer to play as a male character making male choices. and in my opinion, males tend to have the better story lines.

part of the reason why i try to steer clear of jrpgs these days. except nier. that was a great game, and i fully support the father daughter dynamic.
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#9Bloodlines1191Posted 7/28/2013 1:42:50 AM
PJB-11 posted...
I'm not fussy as long as they have a well-defined personality. I prefer games with a specific protagonist, i.e. Lightning or Drake, to games where you can build your own because they usually lack personality.

(That said I still think Lightning has no personality. Drake may be a cardboard cut-out but at least he's funny.)

So you hate Altair and Connor?

Sum_quod_eris posted...
It doesn't matter as long as it's a good character.

I wanna play an Alien in some game. Last one I did was Guild Wars 2 and that was a specific species.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#10siberian142Posted 7/28/2013 2:07:46 AM
I prefer playing as a female rather than a male. I tend to appreciate their struggles, personalities and character design to male protagonists.

I can make do with either, though. I really liked Ezio from Assassin's Creed, for example. If given the choice, I'd just prefer to be playing as a female.