This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm kinda glad the new entries of Final Fantasy aren't turn based

#1BissomoneybagsPosted 7/29/2013 9:35:42 AM
I'm going back playing through IX right now, and as much as I love the game and story, the turn based system is horribly slow. Even with auto-haste, the game still takes forever. I still like turn based games, I just think that Nomura is heading more in the progressive direction with action based combat for XV. Anyone else agree?
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 7/29/2013 9:36:23 AM
I have been enjoying Dimensions a lot since it came out! It`s the last FF game I have enjoyed!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Playing: Dragons Crown/Gyakuten Saiban 5 and The Witch and the 100 Trooper
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr
#3servb0tsPosted 7/29/2013 9:40:33 AM(edited)
I've been Enjoying Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn beta, such an excellent experience if I do say so myself.............................. and I do
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#4RollingCradlePosted 7/29/2013 9:39:55 AM
Turn-based is supposed to be slow, it's called using your brain to think and plan!

The Last Remnant PC version is the very bestest Square title by far!
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 7/29/2013 9:55:38 AM
that is the complaint. thats why i keep saying ppl are silly to diss on ff13 because the gameplays so much better. the old turn based is slow and archiac today. it doesnt hold up. nobody has the patience for that anymore in a world of digital delivery and on demand entertainment.
#6docman864Posted 7/29/2013 10:00:57 AM(edited)
wait, if FFXIII wasn't turn based, then what I was playing? oh wait, they are using the ATB
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#7Thor61Posted 7/29/2013 10:02:28 AM
There are lots of more interesting turn based battle systems than Final Fantasy 9. SMT's press turn system for example is a lot more engaging and fun.
#8SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/29/2013 10:07:45 AM
Other than 10, there hasn't been a turn-based FF since 3.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 7/29/2013 10:09:19 AM
The problem with action base is the issue of controlling a party. You're stuck with either designing it as single character (which then it might as well be an action game), or using A.I. which doesn't allow for full freedom and can be hindered by bad programming....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10servb0tsPosted 7/29/2013 10:10:46 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Other than 10, there hasn't been a turn-based FF since 3.

Final FantasyTactics full turn based. I knew you probably mean main series lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar