This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bought the Last of Us....

#21JagardPosted 7/30/2013 2:55:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22-GLICE-Posted 7/30/2013 2:58:02 AM
Jagard posted...
-GLICE- posted...
desert_santa posted...
but so far this year TLOU is the best game I have played.

You should play Metal Gear Rising. That game is actually fun, and it knows it is a game. Must be a pretty sad year if TLOU is the best game you've played this year. Slow year...or something.

I loved Rising and it was my GOTY until I played TLOU. Awesome stealth/horror action, decent story, good voice acting, great graphics, awesome multiplayer. Can't beat it!

If you can't beat TLoU, then why did I hate it, and think it's subpar compared to many of the other games out of the thousands of games I have played before?
#23desert_santaPosted 7/30/2013 2:58:43 AM
SgtBass8705 posted...
desert_santa posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...
And quit after about 5 hours. Please tell me why this game is so great.

Keep going, it did take 2-3 hrs more for me. I do still think uncharted 2/3 is better, but so far this year TLOU is the best game I have played.

I agree the Uncharted games were definitely better. It was a huge pacing difference, and i didn't see that coming at first.

I understand what you mean. I was surprised by the amount of stealth in the game too and would have liked more heart pumping or summer blockbuster parts.

Either way I hope naughty dog can keep it up. Wonder what delicious games they will serve us next gen:p
#24anonymous46773Posted 7/30/2013 5:33:39 AM
Wonder what SBE posted that got him suspended.

Anyways, back on topic, yeah, TLoU was amazing. The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is the ending, which felt like it ended about 30 minutes too early, and didn't really give a sense of closure.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#25este914Posted 7/30/2013 5:44:32 AM
-GLICE- posted...
Hey Star, I would like to send you a PM but your settings won't let me. I have something important to tell you that I cannot tell you here that would make it worth your while.

Must not be that important then ;)
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#26StoleXboxSoulPosted 7/30/2013 6:01:22 AM
I bought The Last of Us in June and it's sealed, because my PS3 died :( I most definitely need a new PS3...
---
I devour Xbox's soul for breakfast!
#27Godly_GoofPosted 7/30/2013 6:28:49 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Because not all gamers are twelve years old and think everything with the name Call of Duty in the title is made of gold.

So anyone that didn't like TLoU is a 12 year old that only plays COD? Or maybe you're just dumb :/
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#28jordyboy1000Posted 7/30/2013 6:37:48 AM
I liked the Last of Us, I didn't love it and its certainly not perfect however it is a pretty good game.
---
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210
#29slymshadyPosted 7/30/2013 6:46:31 AM
I picked up for 19.99 at best buy last Thursday, haven't opened it yet .., probably do that tonight
#30SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/30/2013 7:10:04 AM(edited)
Willie_Makeit posted...
And quit after about 5 hours. Please tell me why this game is so great.

Fantastic atmosphere and dialog. Nice implementation of limited resources. Solid gunplay. Perfect game length(18-20 hours).

I enjoyed Tomb Raider more, but it was definitely worth the $50 I spent on it. I was very surprised at the inaccuracy of the negative propaganda.

What did you not like about it?
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch