This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts about the BioShock: Infinite Story DLC

#1matt091282Posted 7/30/2013 6:49:12 PM
When they announced they were going to release story DLC for this game, I was pretty excited.

Now, I'm not saying the story DLC they have chosen is going to be bad. In fact, I think Rapture in the Infinite engine is going to look pretty sweet. However, Infinite is a game about Columbia, not Rapture. As much as I loved the original Bioshock games and Rapture, I was kind of hoping the story DLC for this would maybe be a side story about Songbird, or maybe even Booker's trials and tribulations when he was with the Vox Populi, as a couple of examples.

Again, the story DLC they have chosen does look pretty cool, and I can't wait to try it. Seeing Rapture before "The End" is going to be fun. However, Rapture was only a small part of Infinite. I would have rather the focus been on Booker and Elizabeth (and others) in the setting of Columbia instead.

What do you guys think?
#2DrGonzo615Posted 7/30/2013 6:51:52 PM
Im excited to play it but at the same time its a little disappointing...I mean, with the "tears" they have the ability to go anywhere with the DLC but instead they are doing something that they've already done before...

My initial gut feeling is that it seems a bit lazy.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#3_PerfectionistPosted 7/30/2013 6:52:15 PM
Rapture is the best thing that have ever happened to Bioshock. It is mesmerizing.
Good thing they brought it back.
#4Battleship_GrayPosted 7/30/2013 6:55:54 PM
Looking forward to it. Detective story in Rapture? Yes please.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#5matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 6:57:30 PM
DrGonzo615 posted...
Im excited to play it but at the same time its a little disappointing...I mean, with the "tears" they have the ability to go anywhere with the DLC but instead they are doing something that they've already done before...

My initial gut feeling is that it seems a bit lazy.

Kind of, yeah. It's hard to complain about seeing Rapture again, but something like this (Rapture before the destruction) should have been DLC for Bioshock 2 or something.

I'd just rather see more of Columbia, something fresh, instead of rehashing a lot of Rapture for DLC for a game that does not take place in Rapture.
#6zyrax2301Posted 7/30/2013 6:57:44 PM
That sounds sweet. Rapture has a much better atmosphere than Columbia, I hope the DLC is good.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7Seraph089Posted 7/30/2013 7:00:41 PM
I'm glad they went back to Rapture (and fully expected they would). One of my favorite things about Infinite was being in Columbia before and during it's fall from glory, so I can't wait to see Rapture done the same way. It's been a long wait for DLC info since release, but now I'm definitely glad I grabbed the season pass.

Hopefully they do DLC with Songbird and/or Vox Booker next, either would be awesome
#8matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 7:03:33 PM
Seraph089 posted...
I'm glad they went back to Rapture (and fully expected they would). One of my favorite things about Infinite was being in Columbia before and during it's fall from glory, so I can't wait to see Rapture done the same way. It's been a long wait for DLC info since release, but now I'm definitely glad I grabbed the season pass.

Hopefully they do DLC with Songbird and/or Vox Booker next, either would be awesome

That is true. Now we get to see both cities crash and burn. lol

The reason the DLC took so long is because they started working on it just before the game was released.

I think this Rapture story DLC is the only one they might be releasing. I say that because they have released Part 1 now and Ken Levine said Part 2 will be available "much later". So, that could be we're just getting a large two part detective story about Rapture. I don't know how long they'd extent out the DLC for this, you know? Though, I won't complain. :D
#9Metalsonic66Posted 7/31/2013 11:51:48 AM
We've already seen pretty much all of Columbia, whereas we haven't seen Rapture before the fall. However, the most exciting thing for me is how they're going to explain Booker and Elizabeth being in Rapture and not being 80 and 60 years old, respectively.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#10_PerfectionistPosted 7/31/2013 11:53:07 AM
zyrax2301 posted...
That sounds sweet. Rapture has a much better atmosphere than Columbia, I hope the DLC is good.

So much better it is not even comparable.