This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phil Fish (and Jonathan Blow)'s Controversial Views on Japanese Games.

#61AnonUnknownPosted 7/31/2013 11:05:15 AM
Cataclysms posted...
Oh, a mod. Why you guys always ignore our reports on trolls? :P

Personally I don't handle that many trolling marks.

... huh? So you're saying you're ignoring all reports because there are too many of them?
#62Mutant1988Posted 7/31/2013 11:20:48 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Cataclysms posted...

... huh? So you're saying you're ignoring all reports because there are too many of them?

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

What he said is that he's not handling those reports. Other moderators are. That doesn't say a thing about the amount of reports.

From what I understand, you don't choose what to moderate. Reported messages are forwarded to you (Or presented in a list available to all moderators, where you are obligated to handle X amount of reports a day/week/month whatever) to handle on a per case basis. It's not any one moderators responsibility to police a specific board. Cataclysms, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#63Cataclysms(Moderator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:25:48 AM(edited)
AnonUnknown posted...
Cataclysms posted...

No, I'm saying that when I am going through the queue, I tend to handle other types of marks besides trolling and let other moderators handle the trolling ones.

Mutant1988 posted...
From what I understand, you don't choose what to moderate. Reported messages are forwarded to you (Or presented in a list available to all moderators, where you are obligated to handle X amount of reports a day/week/month whatever) to handle on a per case basis. It's not any one moderators responsibility to police a specific board. Cataclysms, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

We do get to choose what to marks to moderate. All marked messages are entered into a queue and any moderator can handle any marked message. There is also no quotas.
---
Damn the Man! Save the Empire!
#64Hazmat963Posted 7/31/2013 11:34:58 AM
Why are so many people hating on Fez? It was a great game, mentally disturbed creator aside.
---
Dark Samus for Smash Bros. 4
"I love Dick" ~Slayer_22 - http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/
#65VarronPosted 7/31/2013 11:42:19 AM
Wow. I'm glad this guy is (kicked) out of the video game industry.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#66cavebear56Posted 7/31/2013 12:02:50 PM
ISquat600lbs posted...
And being so blunt and harsh to a foreign guy who talked about how much he was proud of his country in a humble way is a real douchey move, having an obese, disgustingly fat guy who needs a beard to hide as much of his ugly face as possible laugh uncontrollably in the guy's face is also disgusting, it was basically bullying they all knew they were putting the guy and his country down in a room full of Americans and as an American I feel pretty ashamed that not one person stood up and called the guys out for being #$*holes.

There's plenty of innovation in Japanese games and plenty of good recent games from Japan, there's also just as many sucky games from the USA as there are from Japan. I don't even know what the guy was talking about when he was saying Japan needs to update their technology, nothing he's worked on has the quality of Capcom's MT Frameworks or Kojima Productions' Fox Engine, the graphics quality of a bunch of AAA Japanese franchises.

I agree with this.

Minus the American part as I live in the United States but am not American (I don't claim any nationality even the country of my birth. I see us all as just The People if you want me to act like a poetic dropout).

Those children behind microphones should be proof to all that you aren't an adult until you develop emotional and intellectual maturity (yet I post on GFaqs and not so politely. Yet I never claimed to be completely emotionally mature).

Humility and respect is how you make friends. Respect isn't laughing and saying "it sucks" and targeting a generalization at an entire group of people. Humility isn't cackling in a way that even a hyena would feel embarrassed to hear. Nor with that other individual (the bald guy) is giving an example of one game (Souls series) yet providing no examples of these other games he played with hand holding.

It's because of people like those 2 humanity will never mature or advance into something better.

It further exemplifies why people should favor misanthropy.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#67ShinXaguraPosted 7/31/2013 12:12:52 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Everyone knows Fish is a joke. Why do we need to give him attention with threads like this?

This
---
My life is Disgaea.
#68ShinXaguraPosted 7/31/2013 12:21:08 PM(edited)
UltimatesTruth posted...
I feel sorry for these indie developers, first, they make fun out of Japanese games and how they're made for idiots, yet they're INDIE games developers.
and even worse, after this video got viral, they asked for the uploader to remove it.

here's the video, reuploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgUEtBnjzb4

Discuss, are you willing to support these people's next indie games?

No, I don't support hate or bully.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#69PhophenomenonPosted 7/31/2013 12:36:00 PM
I have no respect for those people who laughed in front of the guy's face. No respect.
---
International Departures with [MS54]
PSN ID/Youtube/Game Center: Phophenomenon
#70VarronPosted 7/31/2013 12:37:25 PM
To people who don't know him, he made Fez and he didn't bring the game to PSN because he hates PS3.
---
PSN: Snippuh