This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Amazon still offer release day delivery for new titles?

#1PolishCockatielPosted 7/31/2013 12:03:44 PM
Or was that axed along with tax exemptions?
#2JM_3711Posted 7/31/2013 12:07:03 PM
Well in the past when I've preordered games with Amazon, sometimes it doesn't even arrive until a week after release.

I only use shopto for preorders, they always get me it 1 day before release. They even refused to sell cod ghosts because activision didn't want them to release it early.
#3Xx Parasite xXPosted 7/31/2013 12:11:55 PM
If you are talking about $.99 release day delivery, that is long gone. You can still get release day delivery, but you have to pay for two day shipping.
---
Nurse Marcie: Do you like my body, Joey?
Joey: =)
#4archizzyPosted 7/31/2013 1:32:42 PM
For prime members nothing has changed. Non prime members no longer have the .99 cent option and have to pay the normal 2 day shipping price but if you preorder and choose 2 day shipping that is release day delivery.

As for tax it depends on your state though eventually all states will be taxed. You were supposed to be claiming it always but few people did. NY residents paid tax for many years. Other states just recently finally got it pressured through. Amazon didn't want to do it and its not all states across the board (yet)
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#5twa556Posted 7/31/2013 3:45:31 PM
archizzy posted...
Amazon didn't want to do it and its not all states across the board (yet)

Wrong. Amazon has been trying to add taxes for a while now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!