This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

excuse me but i find it hypocritical if you hate ff13 but you like ff10

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 8/2/2013 2:25:43 AM(edited)
their storylines are nearly identical, they are both story driven linear games, they are both marketted at casuals and have been dumbed down for the sake of removing tedious backtracking, and making games that arent as time consuming for the casual player, and they both have very minimal grinding involved. they are almost the same game, so when people say ff13 sucks but 10 is good i wonder what you are talking about. the storyline is the exact same crap, religious dominant figures trying to corrupt everybody, so some group of warriors takes a stand and fights the near helpless battle to save the world from an endless cycle of death. same old.. yet ppl act like theyre different no theyre not. if you like ff10 you like ff13 thats that. i guess you can have a mild preference for going inside a whale and killing a tick inside his body, to going to gran pulse and killing orphan, to achieve the exact same thing, but whatever its the same thing really -_-
#2Worker_8_Posted 8/2/2013 2:26:09 AM
Lol.
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:33:59 AM(edited)
i like that ff10-2 casualified the class based system by making it less tedious. instead of switching out in an archiac manner and individually level the classes, it took the form of dress spheres that are hotswapped mid battle with levels carrying over, but ff13 took it one step further in casualizing the class based systems by removing the levels entirely and allowing you to predetermine your class loadouts beforehand and strategically swapping them midcombat, putting the focus more on exploiting enemy weaknesses instead of tedious senseless grinding, but ff10 and ff13 are accomplishing two ends of the same goal. people dont have the time for jrpgs anymore theyre too time consuming we live in a society now that wants everything on demand. ppl complain about 15 sec youtube ads, in the past we were okay waiting until 5 pm to watch our shows, now we cant wait 15 seconds to watch our shows.

dont you dare call the mirror game of ff13 good and insult its friend, but what you can do actually is understand that square enix has to evolve with the times or else they will be like before and only get half of a single million sales on chrono trigger ds. if ff doesnt change, ff dies. since ff13 didnt do so hot, they are bascially like screw it, lets just ditch turn based combat completely, jrpg turn based isnt working anymore. but i still like it, and you will all be sorry when you lose turn based rpgs because u dissed ff13, a great game. youll be sooo sorry when ff15 is all you have to look forward to.
#4CojiroseanPosted 8/2/2013 2:33:38 AM
I like X and XIII. X had a sphere grid to keep me interested and XIII had nice music, graphics and character delopment.

The amount of hate for XIII is just ridiculous. Sure, it may have been lacking as an FF game but it was still damn good.
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:37:46 AM(edited)
Cojirosean posted...
I like X and XIII. X had a sphere grid to keep me interested and XIII had nice music, graphics and character delopment.

The amount of hate for XIII is just ridiculous. Sure, it may have been lacking as an FF game but it was still damn good.

the sphere grid was basically the same as ff13's grid, except they just let you pick directions in 13 instead of complete freedom of movement, so it wasnt as easy to screw up.
thats because people were screwing their entire grids up in 10 and making it so they needed to go grind for hours just to patch their screwups. it happens more on international version just watch how many ppl screw their grids up on ff10 hd when they have the completely free sphere grids from the int version.
#6-GLICE-Posted 8/2/2013 2:37:55 AM
Cojirosean posted...
The amount of hate for XIII is just ridiculous.

To me, the amount of hate for XIII is just ridiculous because it's JUST NOT NEAR ENOUGH HATE!

Cojirosean posted...
Sure, it may have been lacking as an FF game but it was still damn good.

*scoff*

I will have to object to it being "damn good". Me personally, I just do not consider one of the most restricting games ever made to be "damn good".

Final Fantasy XIII is almost like baby's first video game.
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:43:21 AM
ff13 may be restricting, but its been going that path since final fantasy 10. ff10 was walking a straight line, but this was just hidden better because the settings were on beaches or in nice areas with cool tunes to listen to. in 13 it was more apparent because the environments werent as asthetically pleasing. its always been linear though since ps2 era. i mean ff12 had optional missions but so does 13 if you make it that far. infact theyre quite similar.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:45:25 AM(edited)
well i see the same with zelda skyward sword why doesnt it get flack like ff13 does? its the most linear zelda. i think its worse because its an adventure game thats linear. its a living contradiction. i guess its just japanese game design thats been stale for the last few years.
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 2:48:01 AM
i bet you lightning returns will get loads of flack, even though it most likely wont be linear, im sure theyve learned from their mistakes.
#10-GLICE-Posted 8/2/2013 2:48:08 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
well i see the same with zelda skyward sword why doesnt it get flack like ff13 does? its the most linear zelda. i think its worse because its an adventure game thats linear. its a living contradiction.

I LOATHE Skyward Sword, and Zelda is in my top 3 favorite all time franchises. I hate SS for the reasons of linearity, Fi, recycled areas and bosses, and gimmicky garbage motion controls. I felt that the game was unpolished, very lacking and unfinished. Hate motion controls.

Anyhow, I always have given Skyward Sword flack for being super linear and "baby's first Zelda".

Retroxgamer0 posted...
ff13 may be restricting, but its been going that path since final fantasy 10. ff10 was walking a straight line, but this was just hidden better because the settings were on beaches or in nice areas with cool tunes to listen to. in 13 it was more apparent because the environments werent as asthetically pleasing. its always been linear though since ps2 era. i mean ff12 had optional missions but so does 13 if you make it that far. infact theyre quite similar.

Final Fantasy 12 is very non-linear though. 12 is very superior over 13.

As for the topic, X actually has positive traits and a few superb characters. Auron alone beats the entire cast of FFXIII, one handedly (both literally and figuratively).