This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is XIII-2 any better than XIII?

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 8/11/2013 12:36:24 PM
I did not enjoy XIII as much as previous Final Fantasy games. Is the sequel any better?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#2Godly_GoofPosted 8/11/2013 12:38:03 PM
Yes.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#3Zblueshell14Posted 8/11/2013 12:38:29 PM
I liked both, I thought 13-2 was better, and 13-3 looks better than 2.
---
T-shirts! - http://www.redbubble.com/people/zblues
PSN: zach111489
#4-GLICE-Posted 8/11/2013 12:39:57 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I did not enjoy XIII as much as previous Final Fantasy games. Is the sequel any better?

Uh-oh, prepare to have your topic raided by the very few people that actually liked Final Fantasy XIII, the FFXIII Fanboy Defense Force. They are going to come in here and tell you that because you dislike FFXIII that means that you never finished the game and you haven't even played it.

FFXIII-2

There is still no world map
Turn based combat has NOT returned (you still cannot control every character). FFXIII-2's combat still sucks.
QTEs
no controllable airship

I don't know if I will ever get around to playing and finishing XIII-2 since XIII is one of the worst games I have ever played, imo.
---
Lightning Won't Leave: Final Fantasy XIII-17
i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/a.jpg
#5SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 12:40:26 PM
Zblueshell14 posted...
I liked both, I thought 13-2 was better, and 13-3 looks better than 2.

13-3...

You mean Lightning Returns, right?
---
#6GamenamebullyPosted 8/11/2013 12:41:14 PM
-GLICE- posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Uh-oh, prepare to have your topic raided by the very few people that actually liked Final Fantasy XIII, the FFXIII Fanboy Defense Force. They are going to come in here and tell you that because you dislike FFXIII that means that you never finished the game and you haven't even played it.

FFXIII-2

There is still no world map
Turn based combat has NOT returned (you still cannot control every character). FFXIII-2's combat still sucks.
QTEs
no controllable airship

I don't know if I will ever get around to playing and finishing XIII-2 since XIII is one of the worst games I have ever played, imo.

Ever heard of opinions or respecting an opinion?

Besides those are your opinions, not factual. Just respect peoples opinions and move on.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#7-GLICE-Posted 8/11/2013 12:44:24 PM
Gamenamebully posted...

Besides those are your opinions, not factual. Just respect peoples opinions and move on.

No.

Most real Final Fantasy fans agree with me. Those of us who have played the older classic Final Fantasies know just how much the Final Fantasy XIII sucks. FFXIII is inferior trash. Ruin what was once my favorite video game series of all time (Final Fantasy), you can bet of course the **** I'm going to be mad.

Real Final Fantasy fans want new Final Fantasy games to be like Final Fantasy again.

All in my opinion.
---
Lightning Won't Leave: Final Fantasy XIII-17
i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/a.jpg
#8GamenamebullyPosted 8/11/2013 12:45:26 PM
-GLICE- posted...
Gamenamebully posted...

No.

Most real Final Fantasy fans agree with me. Those of us who have played the older classic Final Fantasies know just how much the Final Fantasy XIII sucks. FFXIII is inferior trash. Ruin what was once my favorite video game series of all time (Final Fantasy), you can bet of course the **** I'm going to be mad.

Real Final Fantasy fans want new Final Fantasy games to be like Final Fantasy again.

All in my opinion.

Wouldn't real Final Fantasy fans just enjoy any entry what they want and not get pissed off over people liking an entry they don't like and you know...move on?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#9SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 12:46:55 PM
-GLICE-, please don't derail the topic.

As far as I understand, the battle system is similar. Does this game allow for more freedom?
---
#10jordyboy1000Posted 8/11/2013 12:50:07 PM
-GLICE- posted...
Gamenamebully posted...

No.

All in my opinion.

You're seriously still mad about the fact that you think ff13 ruined the series. It's been 3 years, get over it. How do you feel about ff15 abandoning turn based combat entirely?

Anyway back on topic, FF13-2 made the game less linear and imo improved the gameplay however the story took a major hit because they decided to do a time-travel storyline which is quite hard to successfully pull off, regardless of the media.
---
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210