This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the most overrated game this generation in your opinion?

#1CreepyPRVPosted 8/13/2013 12:32:56 AM
For me its easily The Last of Us. Was a terrible game, but people hyped it up to be the greatest game of all time. On rails scenes where all you can do is walk(slowly) forward and listen to people talk. Plot went nowhere for 70% of the game, most predictable ending ever. Gameplay was too segmented, painfully so.

Cutscene.
Combat Room.
Gather materials in an empty area.
Forced to walk at snails pace while npcs talk.
Cutscene.
Repeat.

I felt more for the princess girl i had to guide through ICO ten years ago than i did for ellie or joel's cliche plot and characters. It wasnt a work of art, and it definitely wasnt a very good game. Really cant understand fanboys hype that game up so much. The first 10 minutes were great, then it fell flat.

Anyway, as you can tell i think TLOU is extremely overrated. Any games you guys feel arent as good as they were hyped up to be?
#2Stanger5150Posted 8/13/2013 12:49:44 AM
None.

I don't get to tell others they're wrong for liking games that I dislike.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#3CreepyPRV(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 1:05:10 AM
reading comprehension ftw
#4Dicer7Posted 8/13/2013 1:12:33 AM
Everything is overrated and underrated. It's all just words to pad the egos of the insecure.
#5-GLICE-Posted 8/13/2013 1:33:45 AM
CreepyPRV posted...
For me its easily The Last of Us. Was a terrible game, but people hyped it up to be the greatest game of all time. On rails scenes where all you can do is walk(slowly) forward and listen to people talk. Plot went nowhere for 70% of the game, most predictable ending ever. Gameplay was too segmented, painfully so.

Cutscene.
Combat Room.
Gather materials in an empty area.
Forced to walk at snails pace while npcs talk.
Cutscene.
Repeat.

I felt more for the princess girl i had to guide through ICO ten years ago than i did for ellie or joel's cliche plot and characters. It wasnt a work of art, and it definitely wasnt a very good game. Really cant understand fanboys hype that game up so much. The first 10 minutes were great, then it fell flat.

Anyway, as you can tell i think TLOU is extremely overrated. Any games you guys feel arent as good as they were hyped up to be?

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly why I hate The Last of Us, almost word for word.

I give The Last of Us a 2/10 ( F- ), by the way.
---
Lightning Won't Leave: Final Fantasy XIII-17
i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/a.jpg
#6ThugETHPosted 8/13/2013 1:35:01 AM
Deadly Premonition
Just didn't get it at all.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#7ShineboxerPosted 8/13/2013 1:40:23 AM
ThugETH posted...
Deadly Premonition
Just didn't get it at all.

It's not overrated, just pure crap.

But some people enjoy this.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#8qwertyMrJINXPosted 8/13/2013 4:04:32 AM
Uncharted 2. I really don't get the appeal of those games, they just seem so generic.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#9jammiesPosted 8/13/2013 4:52:24 AM
The game of trying to piss people off with topics like, "What's the most overrated game?"

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 8/13/2013 4:54:44 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66883261
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012