This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why suddenly Hitman Absolution is the worst in the series?

#1harcoreblazerPosted 8/13/2013 2:38:50 PM
Or it's just typical nostalgia bias.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
I play: GTA:EOLC(PS3), Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, RDR, TLOU.
#2haexpanePosted 8/13/2013 2:40:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3AzureVergilPosted 8/13/2013 3:08:56 PM
Do you live under a rock, TC? Absolution was hated from day 1.
#4merqabahPosted 8/13/2013 3:10:58 PM
nostalgia bias hitman 1 is the worst while blood money is the best followed by contracts
---
If you believe in Cthulhu , have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 8/13/2013 3:13:36 PM
Hitman Absolution is fine. I'm a huge fan of the series and was playing them as long as everybody else. Don't mind the boards in this situation look to the reviews as they are all solid and the metacritic rating 79% which is still a great game.

People are just love to complain. I love the game and the story is really great.
#6PhoenixmgsPosted 8/13/2013 4:25:50 PM
merqabah posted...
nostalgia bias hitman 1 is the worst while blood money is the best followed by contracts

I'm not even halfway through Absolution and it's better than Contracts, the level design was pretty bad, plus there's less content compared Hitman 2.
---
"Half of writing history is hiding the truth" - Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity
#7AzureVergilPosted 8/13/2013 4:43:34 PM(edited)
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
Hitman Absolution is fine. I'm a huge fan of the series and was playing them as long as everybody else. Don't mind the boards in this situation look to the reviews as they are all solid and the metacritic rating 79% which is still a great game.

People are just love to complain. I love the game and the story is really great.

That's why the game dropped to $20 new after 1 month of it's release? Its dropped faster than PS All-Star.

You didn't think for 1 second its just you who have poor taste? The game have a mediocre action movie story with a loli doing kung-fu to kill 20 military trained soldiers that make a Michael Bay movie look like a Oscar candidate.
#8qwertyMrJINXPosted 8/13/2013 4:41:54 PM
It's not, the first game is. People are just disappointed that it's not as open and free as Blood Money.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#9Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 8/13/2013 5:11:01 PM(edited)
AzureVergil posted...
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...

That's why the game dropped to $20 new after 1 month of it's release? Its dropped faster than PS All-Star.

You didn't think for 1 second its just you who have poor taste? The game have a mediocre action movie story with a loli doing kung-fu to kill 20 military trained soldiers that make a Michael Bay movie look like a Oscar candidate.

Price drops have nothing to do with quality. They have to do with expected sales numbers from the company. Square Enix was disappointed with 3.6 million copies sold and expected larger numbers .Dropping the game price has nothing to do with how good the game is.

But no get mad and compare it a Michael Bay movie as I can tell you probably just watched a youtube video and got pissed off. lol. See I'm actually playing the game so thanks for that spoiler alert.
#10guineathewopPosted 8/13/2013 5:10:53 PM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
It's not, the first game is. People are just disappointed that it's not as open and free as Blood Money.

Or Hitman 2. Or Hitman Contracts. It's massively dumbed down and removed the opened levels the entire series is known for.