This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Goodbye life. Hello Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

#1FF14_BABEYYPosted 8/15/2013 7:11:07 AM
This beta download is really just a loading bar until I have no life.
#2jordyboy1000Posted 8/15/2013 7:12:21 AM
Now that's a game that's life consuming.
I'm sort of excited, I don't usually play MMO's though so I'm wary.
---
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210
#3BaseChouGokuPosted 8/15/2013 7:14:46 AM
I dont see the point in MMO's when you have games like PSO, Ragnorok Odyssey and Monster Hunter. A game with a good MP is just a good as any MMO, maybe even better due to better designed combat and less hit detection/ghosting/clipping animation issues
#4mogar002Posted 8/15/2013 7:16:19 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
I dont see the point in MMO's when you have games like PSO, Ragnorok Odyssey and Monster Hunter. A game with a good MP is just a good as any MMO, maybe even better due to better designed combat and less hit detection/ghosting/clipping animation issues

MMOs get updated a lot. After a week you've seen everything MH has to offer.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5LemonKweenstaaaPosted 8/15/2013 7:21:35 AM
mogar002 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...

lolno. Maybe in a week, you'll advance to High Rank, but there's still much content to be discovered.
---
~President of the Persona 4 Golden board~
#6mogar002Posted 8/15/2013 7:28:09 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
mogar002 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...

lolno. Maybe in a week, you'll advance to High Rank, but there's still much content to be discovered.

Higher HR isn't new content.
---
#7FF14_BABEYY(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:03:19 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
mogar002 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...

The point is... Good MMO's run on a pay-to-play service. FF14 does, standard rate is $12.99 per month.

However, this is a quality crafted MMO, meaning that it will have content that can be played through for months and months, if not years (hopefully, if the game succeeds.)

What this means it that you buy the game then start paying a fee per month, but with that fee, the developers will put out great content and patches for FREE. That is content that is aimed to keep you playing, if you want to, for many hours a day, months on end.

If that's what you want, a game that will last you long with a community to experience it with, then in reality, the subscription fee is well worth it as opposed to refusing and buying regular console games. It's the equivalent of buying a $50 game or so, every FOUR months... It's a steal in the long run.

Now, not everyone likes MMO's. But if you come in with an open mind, you can come to love them.
#8mogar002Posted 8/15/2013 8:04:30 AM
The point is... Good MMO's run on a pay-to-play service

No bad and outdated ones do.
---
#9FF14_BABEYY(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:08:10 AM
mogar002 posted...
The point is... Good MMO's run on a pay-to-play service

No bad and outdated ones do.

No mogar. NO.

If I could find the link to the article that asks the producer of FF14 as to why they chose pay-to-play, I would.

Long story short though, the free to play MMO market is filled with the want to get a quick cash grab.. Like a burst of $10 million in the first month, for fast cash for developers. They use cash shops.

Pay-to-play MMO's that are funded internally primarily, (Blizzard and SE games) have more cushioning room financially, so they can afford to use pay-to-play and not get that huge initial cash shop return money..

What this means is that they will have a steady income each month, which they can use to budget accordingly and analyze how much money they will have for each upcoming patch. Much more stable than a game who's sole source of income besides initial purchase is bursts of cash shop purchases.
#10JanayBerryPosted 8/15/2013 8:11:28 AM
Welcome home!
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Anticipating arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" 8/27/13. {Excitement!} {Can I have it!?}