This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Goodbye life. Hello Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

#31BahamutBBobPosted 8/16/2013 7:39:21 AM
I have two beta codes that I won't actually be using.

I don't want to get every email from SquareEnix, and have the website be broken so that I can't unsubscribe to every email list.
(This happened to me, SE support was no help, so I closed my account)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#32ThePCElitistPosted 8/16/2013 7:53:03 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
I have two beta codes that I won't actually be using.

I don't want to get every email from SquareEnix, and have the website be broken so that I can't unsubscribe to every email list.
(This happened to me, SE support was no help, so I closed my account)

Their email support is useless it's better to call. Trust me.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#33antoinejonesPosted 8/16/2013 9:51:53 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
FF14_BABEYY posted...
the subscription fee is well worth it as opposed to refusing and buying regular console games. It's the equivalent of buying a $50 game or so, every FOUR months... It's a steal in the long run.

Now, not everyone likes MMO's. But if you come in with an open mind, you can come to love them.

But its the SAME GAME. Why would I actively refuse to buy NEW games that have NEW experiences just to keep playing the same game over and over regardless of 'new' content.
The battle engine stays the same. The gameplay stays the same.
We only have so much time in the day and week to play games (unless you have no life) why limit it to one game?

you can say the same about someone who plays the same FPS for 1000 hours in multiplayer.. heck and even when a sequel comes out the next year its still the same game with just new maps, better graphics and maybe some new weapons and small tweaks.. how is that any different than an MMO by your logic then you shouldnt play ANY multiplayer game.. mmo or otherwise
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#34ThePCElitistPosted 8/16/2013 10:33:47 AM
antoinejones posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
FF14_BABEYY posted...
the subscription fee is well worth it as opposed to refusing and buying regular console games. It's the equivalent of buying a $50 game or so, every FOUR months... It's a steal in the long run.

Now, not everyone likes MMO's. But if you come in with an open mind, you can come to love them.

But its the SAME GAME. Why would I actively refuse to buy NEW games that have NEW experiences just to keep playing the same game over and over regardless of 'new' content.
We only have so much time in the day and week to play games (unless you have no life) why limit it to one game?

you can say the same about someone who plays the same FPS for 1000 hours in multiplayer.. heck and even when a sequel comes out the next year its still the same game with just new maps, better graphics and maybe some new weapons and small tweaks.. how is that any different than an MMO by your logic then you shouldnt play ANY multiplayer game.. mmo or otherwise

MMORPG's save me money more than anything else. With a regular game I buy it, beat it in 8 hours and then I'm ready to buy another $30-$60 game because I'm bored. With an MMORPG I can devote anywhere between 30-3000 hours to it and there's always something new going on in an MMORPG or a new person to talk to so it's always changing up in various ways.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#35antoinejonesPosted 8/16/2013 11:05:18 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
antoinejones posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
FF14_BABEYY posted...

MMORPG's save me money more than anything else. With a regular game I buy it, beat it in 8 hours and then I'm ready to buy another $30-$60 game because I'm bored. With an MMORPG I can devote anywhere between 30-3000 hours to it and there's always something new going on in an MMORPG or a new person to talk to so it's always changing up in various ways.

lol i know that.. its the other guy i replied to that doesnt seem to get it lol
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#36Godly_GoofPosted 8/16/2013 11:15:49 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
mogar002 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
I dont see the point in MMO's when you have games like PSO, Ragnorok Odyssey and Monster Hunter. A game with a good MP is just a good as any MMO, maybe even better due to better designed combat and less hit detection/ghosting/clipping animation issues

MMOs get updated a lot. After a week you've seen everything MH has to offer.

lolno. Maybe in a week, you'll advance to High Rank, but there's still much content to be discovered.

Oh snap! That monster that used to be green is purple now and it has the same move set but now does slightly more damage and poisons! New content confirmed!

Time to grind it for hours so I can get another set of the same armor with marginally better stats! And it's purple armor now instead of green!
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#37LemonKweenstaaaPosted 8/16/2013 11:30:50 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
mogar002 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
I dont see the point in MMO's when you have games like PSO, Ragnorok Odyssey and Monster Hunter. A game with a good MP is just a good as any MMO, maybe even better due to better designed combat and less hit detection/ghosting/clipping animation issues

MMOs get updated a lot. After a week you've seen everything MH has to offer.

lolno. Maybe in a week, you'll advance to High Rank, but there's still much content to be discovered.

Oh snap! That monster that used to be green is purple now and it has the same move set but now does slightly more damage and poisons! New content confirmed!

Time to grind it for hours so I can get another set of the same armor with marginally better stats! And it's purple armor now instead of green!

Oh, so the Plesioth, Nargacuga, Brachydios, Jhen Mohran, Dire Miralis, and Zinogre are palette swaps after all. Huh.

Even if that were the case, both of your points are still wrong. While subspecies aren't completely new, they still have several moves and move modifications that they're regular counterparts lack. And their armor has a completely different set of skills.
---
~President of the Persona 4 Golden board~