This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6: Capcom says next game will return to series roots

#1HardDifficultyPosted 8/15/2013 8:21:46 AM
Resident Evil 6 developer Capcom has recognised that the action-horror title received a mixed bag of reviews and opinions at launch, while the positive reaction to Resident Evil: Revelations has confirmed to the company that it has to return to the series’ roots in the next instalment.

Speaking with MCV, Capcom’s former SVP of marketing Michael Pattison said, “We have obviously seen the consumer response and the PR response. There was some great positives out of that, but it was a mixed bag, as we saw from the review scores. We have got to take that on-board, we can’t ignore that, and we have to take that onto the next game when we make the next Resident Evil.

“With Resident Evil 6 specifically, we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You’ll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase.

“A lot is said about the saturation of this zombie, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But it is still alive and well. The Last of Us shows a good direction of what the consumers want. Tomb Raider as well, we spoke to R&D and they looked at that and they enjoyed that experience. I think that proves there is still a strong market for that sort of content.”

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/15/resident-evil-6-devs-cant-ignore-mixed-reaction-next-one-will-return-to-roots-says-capcom/
#2este914Posted 8/15/2013 8:22:49 AM
I hope they release the "Gold Edition" for RE6 sometime soon.
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#3HardDifficulty(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:22:55 AM
I smell BS, I hope you guys had a good read anyway.
If they lied again, I don't think those who still support them will buy a new RE again.
#4Retroxgamer0Posted 8/15/2013 8:24:04 AM
este914 posted...

no theyre busy making ultra street fighter iv arcade ex alpha hyper edition
#5mogar002Posted 8/15/2013 8:25:28 AM
Pretty sure they said this about RE6 and Revelations didn't go back to its roots either.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#6jordyboy1000Posted 8/15/2013 8:25:54 AM
I liked RE6, it wasn't great but I don't think it was bad.
Revelations was great though, on the 3ds at least, I never played the console version.
So I will probably buy the next Re as long as it's not like Raccoon City or Umbrella Chronicles.
---
Psn: jordyboy1000
Fc: 4038-7250-2210
#7gantaratPosted 8/15/2013 8:32:57 AM
este914 posted...

Go Japan Now !
#8xenosaga123Posted 8/15/2013 8:34:37 AM
They better have at least two playable characters like RE1 and RE2.

Though preferably it should have wide character selection like Resident Evil Outbreak.

If they are customizable like Mass Effect/Skyrim, that would be a plus.

Instead of looking at TLOU and Tomb Raider, they should study RE Outbreak instead.

RE Outbreak is the best direction for survival horror instead of the soapbox approach.
#9BlueJester007Posted 8/15/2013 8:34:42 AM
Wasn't RE6 supposed to be a "reboot"? That's what I remember reading.

I'll believe this s*** when I see it. Actions speak louder than words.
---
What's in between the two Alt keys (Command keys if you are a Mac user) on your keyboard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aiz-La3g4
#10thefabregas22Posted 8/15/2013 8:36:37 AM
HardDifficulty posted...
I smell BS, I hope you guys had a good read anyway.
If they lied again, I don't think those who still support them will buy a new RE again.

I most certainly would
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy