This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silent Hill 2 will always have the greatest story in video game history

#41PhewfusPosted 8/16/2013 1:54:49 PM
The fact people still talk and debate about the game's story, characters and it's themes more than ten years after the fact says a lot about it. There's much more to the game than simply "whatta twist!"
#42haexpanePosted 8/16/2013 1:56:11 PM
MimeKraft Plus
---
How is babby formed?
#43vind3dPosted 8/16/2013 5:35:47 PM
I would not say SH2 has the greatest story in video game history. It certainly has an ambitious one. I think it's quite compelling and I don't fully understand the story. I've read explanations, or possible explanations on the web, but I don't think I want it explained to me. I will hopefully play SH2 again. Maybe around Halloween!
---
SE may have another FF hit on their hands with FFX/X-2 HD. Perhaps the biggest FF since, well, FFX. :p
#44Dark_EpathyPosted 8/16/2013 6:28:34 PM
So I guess we just have polar opinions.

Yeah, I guess, lol. I do agree that the game is very rich in terms of theme and symbolism. It does a lot of showing and not telling, so if that's your argument, yes, you're right about that.

I'm just a little more old-fashioned in that I would like to see more surface stuff, too. Silent Hill 3, Downpour, and Shattered Memories are examples of what I'm getting at in the same series.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#45haexpanePosted 8/19/2013 11:30:32 AM
Princess Peach Kart Racing
---
How is babby formed?
#46drclaeysPosted 8/19/2013 11:35:38 AM
Friends,

SH 2 was good, but is it the Greatest story. I can not agree with that.

Many of the lists above have better IMHO.

mass effect series.
Lost Od ( 360)
XenoSaga ( ps2).
Heavy Rain, somewhat.
What about the Last of us.

I think most people would agree, that there are about 10+ that top that list before SH2. thats not saying it was junk, it was a "MUST PLAY", on that gen. Just its not number one.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#47CrystalKing5426Posted 8/19/2013 11:43:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw

Whatever you say, TC.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board