This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good Spider-Man games on the system? Other comic game recommendations?

#1MlREFOXPosted 8/16/2013 10:27:11 AM
I much prefer Marvel over DC, but I have played the Batman Arkham games, so no need to recommend them. I've also played the UA games plenty. I'm currently thinking of getting a Spider-Man game if there are any that are any good, but I'm open to other recommendations, too.
#2CH3L0_Posted 8/16/2013 10:29:50 AM
The Amazing Spiderman is good.
---
PSN: CH3L0_
#3MarcosAKAshortyPosted 8/16/2013 10:35:46 AM
Web of Shadows is a great spider-man game besides Peter's voice actor, but easily best Spider-man game of this gen. The Amazing Spiderman is just ok. Felt very bland, no activities to do after beating the game. I just sold the game for $8 after playing for 6 hours. It was so boring compared to Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Web of Shadows.
#4Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 8/16/2013 11:15:22 AM
Web of Shadows is the only one I have played to completion this gen. It's fun and the city is great to explore and I enjoyed the way the battles kept progressing as enemies changed.

Shattered Dimensions was pretty decent but I had issues with some of the Spidey worlds.

Honestly even though it has some of the worst voice acting and character models in the business I did actually have fun beating Iron Man 2..just unlocking new Iron Man suits and flying around insanely shooting stuff was mindless fun.

Incredible Hulk is not as good as Ultimate Destruction (PS2) so I wouldn't even go there I got it recently and it was pretty terrible

Captain America is actually supposed to be a lot of fun but I haven't played it yet but I hear really positive things about it

Lastly if you don't own Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 you are really missing out because imo that's the best comic game this gen so far.

Finally the free to play Marvel Heroes is actually a lot of fun if you ever enjoyed the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games (also PS3)

here's a wiki list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_based_on_Marvel_comics
#5guineathewopPosted 8/16/2013 11:18:08 AM
MarcosAKAshorty posted...
Web of Shadows is a great spider-man game besides Peter's voice actor

My exact feelings. I'd say Web of Shadows is the best free roaming Spiderman game this gen. I never played that linear one that people say is good, seems like a step backwards so I'm not going to bother.

As for other Marvel comic games.
Deadpool is a lot of fun. Can be played as a hack and slash or a 3rd person shooter, cause unlike DMC the guns are actually useful. They're actually required for the hardest difficulty.
Wolverine is great. Basically God of War with a furry Canadian.
The Hulk game was pretty mediocre but you can probably get it for next to nothing and it would be worth it just to smash entire city blocks.

I wish they'd make another Punisher game like the one from last gen. It was awesome.
#6KerberosPanzerPosted 8/16/2013 11:20:36 AM
I say Prototype. Just a great rage vent game. Unless you're at Elizabeth Green. Then it's a rage inducer.
---
Visually, TVR doesn't do subtle, and the Sagaris is like being poked in they eye with an electric cattle prod.
#7pb409Posted 8/16/2013 1:38:26 PM
My vote goes to Web of Shadows as well. I'm not even a Spiderman fan but really enjoyed the game- to the point that I couldn't bring myself to sell it, fearing I might go back and replay it.
#8SpurnerPosted 8/16/2013 1:41:26 PM
Lego Batman 2 is awesome.

There's a Lego Marvel on the horizon, too.
#9califortunefadePosted 8/16/2013 5:59:01 PM
Wolverine is amazingly fun.
---
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.
#10DemiFistPosted 8/16/2013 6:00:39 PM
The Captain America game was pretty good for a movie tie-in.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"