This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Twisted Metal a good single player experience?

#11demonfang178Posted 8/17/2013 2:56:46 AM(edited)
Don't worry. Sniper kills are rare and because you have to stand still, someone will interrupt you. Plus, people will know if you're targeting them so they can just hide.

Kill streaks, however, got to go. Hate that ****.

Oh, and Talon, a helicopter that breaks Nuke and dominates half the maps.
#12rswsc0407Posted 8/17/2013 4:31:21 AM
I was planning on getting it before it came out, but then I heard that the story mode is no where near as good as Black or any of the others since the whole driver/vehicle thing doesn't exist anymore.

Part of the fun with the game was playing through the story mode with every character to see how Calypso screwed everyone over at the end.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#13velvet_hammerPosted 8/17/2013 9:49:39 AM
amazing but its not for casuals as you will see many people complain about controls or the gameplay.. while neither is the problem.. its a fast paced complex game with every button having multiple functions.. a gameplay masterpiece to bad the online had its issues early..
---
People that approve of this video 07 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#14wstfldPosted 8/17/2013 10:02:42 AM
No, but the online was great once it started working. I can't believe we didn't get any DLC.
---
Last Played: Stealth Inc. A Clone In The Dark (7.5/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us, Civ V
#15Retroxgamer0Posted 8/18/2013 9:26:59 AM
rswsc0407 posted...
I was planning on getting it before it came out, but then I heard that the story mode is no where near as good as Black or any of the others since the whole driver/vehicle thing doesn't exist anymore.

Part of the fun with the game was playing through the story mode with every character to see how Calypso screwed everyone over at the end.

watch all cutscenes on youtube like i did. the story is worth it, but its short. its actually just as good as black IMO but shorter, so less content.
#16TimeOfTheDarkPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:38 AM
The sniper rifle, you basically have to lock on to the target for a period of time. The longer you have him in site, you'll go through stages. I think the first is a tire blowout for moderate damage and sends the car flying, there's a gas tank shot for large damage, or for a really long time, you can headshot the driver which is an instant kill. However, moving out of range will instantly cancel it, so you rarely see headshots in multiplayer.

However the AI in single player can do them WAY faster and they do it while they are moving. The AI also has unlimited special energy and infinite weapons, so it basically cheats to give artificial difficulty.

Jugg refers to Juggernaut, probably the strongest vehicle in the game in pure power. Can basically ram certain cars to death in one shot, has a ton of HP and special energy.

This game was all about the multiplayer, the single player was just all right, but it's got a good multplayer that's really competitive, whether death matching, nuke, or team deathmatches.
#17haexpanePosted 8/19/2013 1:19:40 PM
Yes, even the PS1 games and PS2 game was like this. The single player was just old-school Quarter eating Cheap. Not even trying to be fair or fun.
---
How is babby formed?