This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most underrated games ever

#11TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 8:53:07 AM
king_madden posted...
So....

Overrated=games I didn't like that a lot of other people liked.

Underrated=games I liked that other people didn't like.

Its always hard to judge such things when the subject matter is all a matter of taste

Well, these games still got decent to high reviews, they just got overlooked for silly reasons. Arc the Lad 2 might be the greatest JRPG ever made, yet it never gets talked about and raved about like lesser games that ended up more popular.
#12nanofazz97Posted 8/17/2013 9:49:22 AM
Two groundbreaking Rockstar games: La Noire and Max Payne 3. La Noire did something that was totally different and introduced us to incredibly unique gameplay. It truly made me feel like I was a LA cop in the 1940s. Yes, the story was a bit complicated, but the reviewers should have given it a higher score for its success in thinking outside of the box and not borrowing ideas off of other well known titles. With Max Payne 3, all the complaints I've heard were based on the lack of freedom in the game. However, Max Payne 3 was always intended to be linear, because it was very story driven. Reviewers did not like how unconventional the linear approach was compared to Rockstar's best titles, but that is exactly what makes Rockstar games so awesome. They are always trying something new. Heck, if you watch some of the demos of Watch Dogs, it looks like a modern day Assassin's Creed game. I am aware of the fact that Rockstar only published La Noire, but they still made significant contributions to its production.
#13king_maddenPosted 8/18/2013 1:47:28 PM
merqabah posted...
king_madden posted...
So....

Overrated=games I didn't like that a lot of other people liked.

Underrated=games I liked that other people didn't like.

Its always hard to judge such things when the subject matter is all a matter of taste

not necesarilly disliked, just didnt play

how could we rate something over or under rated if we dont play it?