This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider is not that good of a game. I'm sorry but it isn't.

#101-GLICE-Posted 8/18/2013 2:20:30 AM
immortaltech6 posted...
And GLICE, you got no grounds for your arguments if you haven't even played the game. The amount of time you've spent here trashing it despite the fact speaks volumes. I played the original WHEN it came out on PS and still having a lot of fun with this reboot. You think you're the only one who knows what this series is truly about cuz you did? Not the developers who dedicated themselves to this game, nope they're all morons. Not the other fans either, they're blind. Please, seems like you spend more time whining and talking about games than actually playing them: 204 active posts in a little more than 1 month.

Is anything I said, not true?

Yes, I know far more than the developers. I know what Tomb Raider should be like far more than the developers if they are going to pander to the lowest common denominator Call of Duty crowd.

Yes, I do agree with you about the developers who dedicated themselves to the game. The fans too.

I'm sure you'd love it if they changed Hungry Hungry Hippos into a card game instead of how it's been like, and then you wouldn't expect traditional Hungry Hungry Hippos fans to get angry. You don't think fans of Tomb Raider should get mad that they took Tomb Raider out of Tomb Raider? Seriously??????????????!?????!!!!!!!!????????????????

Seriously, learn to look from both sides of the argument. That way you will understand more and come off far less ignorant than you have been.
---
Lightning Won't Leave: Final Fantasy XIII-17
i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/a.jpg
#102LightbornePosted 8/18/2013 3:10:56 AM
-GLICE- posted...
immortaltech6 posted...
And GLICE, you got no grounds for your arguments if you haven't even played the game. The amount of time you've spent here trashing it despite the fact speaks volumes. I played the original WHEN it came out on PS and still having a lot of fun with this reboot. You think you're the only one who knows what this series is truly about cuz you did? Not the developers who dedicated themselves to this game, nope they're all morons. Not the other fans either, they're blind. Please, seems like you spend more time whining and talking about games than actually playing them: 204 active posts in a little more than 1 month.

Is anything I said, not true?

Yes, I know far more than the developers. I know what Tomb Raider should be like far more than the developers if they are going to pander to the lowest common denominator Call of Duty crowd.

Yes, I do agree with you about the developers who dedicated themselves to the game. The fans too.

I'm sure you'd love it if they changed Hungry Hungry Hippos into a card game instead of how it's been like, and then you wouldn't expect traditional Hungry Hungry Hippos fans to get angry. You don't think fans of Tomb Raider should get mad that they took Tomb Raider out of Tomb Raider? Seriously??????????????!?????!!!!!!!!????????????????

Seriously, learn to look from both sides of the argument. That way you will understand more and come off far less ignorant than you have been.

This is all I see from glices posts I know better me me I know more then all with all.my bias and illogical conclusions.

On otherwords your talking out of your arse with nothing but pure arrogance and irrelevant points.
You lost the debate leave the topic with some dignify.
#103immortaltech6Posted 8/18/2013 3:40:59 AM
GLICE, you haven't played the game, all you've said is things you've picked up from other people or videos. When you've had the first hand experience of playing the game, then come back and talk.

It's still Tomb Raider because of Lara Croft. They nailed the character and her transition from a newbie researcher towards being a self-confident, self-reliable world renowned explorer.

It still has exploration and the thrill of discovery in a mystical environment. There's a lot of times when you're all alone exploring just like the originals, its not all shooting bad guys and definitely has less of that than UC.

There's still finding collectibles and artifacts of significance. And her fighting a sinister shadow group who want to utilize the ultimate Yamatai artifact for their own intents I'm guessing (I'm at 70%).

It still has 3rd person shooting combat which is actually the best the series has seen, the melee combat bests UC 2 and 3 by a huge margin. Remember Underworld?

The optional tombs are weak and mostly linear, its puzzles overall easy but everything else aka the pros outweigh the minor cons. Some levels are tombs and tomb-like unto themselves so its not even that big a deal, I think you have people's opinions about the optional tombs mixed with the intricate multiple path game levels confused. Complete Mountain Village 100% and tell me its linear.

I'll bet each sequel will introduce more options as her character progresses and they will eventually include swimming, acrobatic movesets, timed jumping/ harder platforming and tough environmental puzzles. At the same time, it's a realistic re-imagining, I don't want her doing Bayonetta-esque flips while evading and shooting.
#104MetrosexualVaanPosted 8/18/2013 6:10:02 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
It's a highly overrated mediocre linear interactive movie with focus on set pieces and graphics but shallow generic gameplay.

So...many...buzzwords.
#105656stoogePosted 8/18/2013 7:18:30 AM
As a massive fan of the original series (except TR2) I was quite surprised to find myself enjoying this, despite my initial doubts.
I hated the story, side characters and Lara's lack of character progression, but the gameplay was great and loved the level design.

There's a lot of room for improvement, but I'll be looking forward to the next one now. Just ditch that multiplayer though.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#106Mindwipe77Posted 8/18/2013 7:36:54 AM
whats wrong with a woman needing a man sometimes? There are games where a man could not progress without a woman character in the game but i don't hear any complaining about that. Get that sexist trash outta here
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014/Lightning's true #1 fan
Now Playing-Dragons Crown(Amazon) Tales of Xilla CE(Millia)
#107Scarecrow1711(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 7:33:37 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
whats wrong with a woman needing a man sometimes? There are games where a man could not progress without a woman character in the game but i don't hear any complaining about that. Get that sexist trash outta here

It's not sexist at all. I'm not saying she doesn't need help from men at all. Just tone it down a little.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GB0T9jD.jpg http://i.imgur.com/IUIssak.jpg http://i.imgur.com/t2fVxSJ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/n5tQhgJ.jpg
#108tigerex777Posted 8/18/2013 7:45:56 PM
It was awesome! I could see all the effort that went into the production of this game. Even though I started playing it without much expectation I ended up enjoying it a lot. Keep up the good work!
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#109ssjgohhkuPosted 8/20/2013 12:56:25 AM
It isn't a good game because it's a medicocre interactive movie.
#110nonexistingheroPosted 8/20/2013 4:27:47 AM
It's not that great and not nearly as fun as other TR games. But it's still much better than the Uncharted games, because there's a lot of freedom in where you want to go.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.