This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who pre-order/spend $60 on games this gen are suckers.

#1JiZamezPosted 8/17/2013 5:49:45 PM
Considering how fast games get price drops, boatloads of paid dlc, a "complete edition" not long after and so on, it's just funny how people still complain about getting nickle and dimed after paying full price for a game. People just like playing follow the leader or just hate being left out of some sort of "gaming trend" that makes them feel uncool if they don't own it themselves.

The only times that $60 purchases are justified is when you can get some kind of pre-order bonus that can be sold to cover some of the price. Did that with a few amazon pre-orders, people always end up rushing ebay after kicking themselves for missing out on some sort of stupid bonus (i.e. FF13-2's dlc bosses).
#2LeJonGriffPosted 8/17/2013 5:54:59 PM
Or you just want to play the game ASAP because it's worth the money. The developers put a lot of hard work into certain games, and I show that to them by buying day one, and enjoying it early. By the time its price drops there's gonna be something newer and better. It's an endless cycle. There's always a bigger fish.
---
No matter what... Within my heart, Mr. Ando will always be a penguin. Humans don't say "peng peng".
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqzt3T4R38c
#3Brocken_JrPosted 8/17/2013 5:55:55 PM
i barely spent $60 this gen to, unless i know 100% it will be worth it, mgs4, dark souls, yakuza 5($70 though, but came with bonuses), fist of the north star kens rage, littlebig planet 1, time crisis 4, dead rising 2, and thats it. about 95% of my collection is used games, most of the time, its just not worth $60, especially when games are really short and have no replay value now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHqWbfwcByI
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
#4kuterPosted 8/17/2013 5:56:18 PM
Could say the same with people using credit card to buy things off amazon/internet. They'll have to pay double just to reinburse their card, and in the end, have wasted more than some one that would of paid 60$ for a release title, no?
#5zzamaroPosted 8/17/2013 5:59:13 PM
Or maybe they are rich?
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#6majin nemesisPosted 8/17/2013 6:03:38 PM
why wait when i can just buy the game and play it right now?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#7BurgerTime79Posted 8/17/2013 6:23:51 PM
People have been paying $60+ for games since the 90's, so cut the whole "this gen" view and crying about game prices. The only thing you're proving is that you chose to buy games cheaper. It's none of your business what other people spend.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8Jx1010Posted 8/17/2013 7:08:11 PM
Games were more expensive years ago

Get this fact straight
#9Still__RippinPosted 8/17/2013 7:11:02 PM
TC should bend down and kiss my shoes for funding the industry so leeches himself can even exist.
---
He looks down at the city in disgust. He swore he'd protect it when he landed but its getting too hard to tell the saints from the satanic.
#10Still__RippinPosted 8/17/2013 7:12:32 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Games were more expensive years ago

Get this fact straight

And this. Most new N64 games were $70. Bro Geo games were $60-$90 upon release.
---
He looks down at the city in disgust. He swore he'd protect it when he landed but its getting too hard to tell the saints from the satanic.