This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I gotta say, Hitman Absolution is a great game.

#1TimeOfTheDarkPosted 8/18/2013 6:17:03 AM
Before you come here with nostalgia bias, let me say if this game was just "big open area kill these guys" missions nonstop, it would have gotten old pretty fast. I like the balance of evading missions, assasination missions, etc. The characters come off as something from a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously, and I like that, I love how the game taunts you with a giant armory of weapons and 30 soldiers in front of you, and then the best way to do it is simply rush down into a panicking crowd and sneak by everyone.

I think it's a great game, really polished looking too. Don't understand some of the hate.
#2PhophenomenonPosted 8/18/2013 6:18:46 AM
I've played it but stopped because it was too hard for me to just sneak past enemies. I WANNA KILL THEM RIGHTTTT NOWWW!!!!!!!
---
Playing Tales of Xillia!
PSN ID: Phophenomenon
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 8/18/2013 6:20:06 AM(edited)
It's by far the worst game in the series (the first one excluded). When i used stealth, my scores were rather low, then i tried the missions again with just going up to most targets and simply shoot them or shoot them from further away and guess what? I easily beat my stealth scores which took about 10 times more work. Why do i get punished for using stealth and try remain undetected and why do i get rewarded for playing this as a third person shooter? So either the developers want us to play this game as a generic tps or the score system is a broken mess, the weapons are way to overpowered and the stealth is way underpowered.
#4angry_cowtipperPosted 8/18/2013 6:52:08 AM
I thought it was particularly unfun. There was this mission with this guy on an elevated gondola in a crowded street protected by security. There was an alleyway guarded by cops that led to a door. I managed to get a hold of cop clothes, sneak past them, go up some stairs and find a sniper rifle. "Yes!" I thought, I had put work in, been crafty, and it was all about to pay off. I scoped the target in, away from the windows, and where I thought eyes would be looking, and took the shot. The guy was dead. The only problem was everybody knew where I was, that I wasn't a cop, and that I was the guy who did it in an instant. This drove me to ask "Well then why even put the sniper rifle up here and make it hard to get to? How does everyone know it was me?" Then I quit playing.
---
Tomb Raider (PC), The Last of Us, Dragon's Crown (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 8/18/2013 6:55:22 AM
angry_cowtipper posted...
I thought it was particularly unfun. There was this mission with this guy on an elevated gondola in a crowded street protected by security. There was an alleyway guarded by cops that led to a door. I managed to get a hold of cop clothes, sneak past them, go up some stairs and find a sniper rifle. "Yes!" I thought, I had put work in, been crafty, and it was all about to pay off. I scoped the target in, away from the windows, and where I thought eyes would be looking, and took the shot. The guy was dead. The only problem was everybody knew where I was, that I wasn't a cop, and that I was the guy who did it in an instant. This drove me to ask "Well then why even put the sniper rifle up here and make it hard to get to? How does everyone know it was me?" Then I quit playing.

Ahhh, omnipotent A.I. The bane of stealth games.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#6mogar002Posted 8/18/2013 6:56:43 AM
joke topic
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#7silenthill4vidPosted 8/18/2013 7:07:31 AM
as a old hitman fan i could not even finish it loler. hated the segemented level setup. i did enjoy the level where you take down those greasers tho.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#8TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 9:51:30 AM
The sniper rifle wasn't silenced, so as soon as you shot, you had 10,000 people looking at the window where the sound came from, and everyone saw the guy in the police outfit standing in a window.

I found if your gonna snipe things, you gotta back a little from the windows so people can't see you as well. Still, everyone is going to hear the bullet going through the glass and know where the sound came from, so some guards will check up on it.

The game is more about the accidental kills on missions like that.Sure you can snipe him from a window, or run up to him and throw an axe into his head or shoot him point blank, or blow up his car.... or you could sneak to the back, grab some poison, dress up like a chef, poison his sushi and calmly make your way to the exit before anyone knows what happened. You could poison his drugs, you could poison his coffee, you could push him down a deep hole in the ground, you could sneakiy shoot a 3000 pound hanging pallet to fall on him.

It's all about being unnoticed and making it look like accidents.
#9CyborgTwentyPosted 8/18/2013 10:08:54 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
The sniper rifle wasn't silenced, so as soon as you shot, you had 10,000 people looking at the window where the sound came from, and everyone saw the guy in the police outfit standing in a window.

I found if your gonna snipe things, you gotta back a little from the windows so people can't see you as well. Still, everyone is going to hear the bullet going through the glass and know where the sound came from, so some guards will check up on it.

The game is more about the accidental kills on missions like that.Sure you can snipe him from a window, or run up to him and throw an axe into his head or shoot him point blank, or blow up his car.... or you could sneak to the back, grab some poison, dress up like a chef, poison his sushi and calmly make your way to the exit before anyone knows what happened. You could poison his drugs, you could poison his coffee, you could push him down a deep hole in the ground, you could sneakiy shoot a 3000 pound hanging pallet to fall on him.

It's all about being unnoticed and making it look like accidents.

Yet you are punished for trying to go all stealth and rewarded for simply blast your targets and then run.
#10ThugETHPosted 8/18/2013 10:28:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23mof42bPw
I'll just leave that here.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?