This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I gotta say, Hitman Absolution is a great game.

#11angry_cowtipperPosted 8/18/2013 2:24:24 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
The sniper rifle wasn't silenced, so as soon as you shot, you had 10,000 people looking at the window where the sound came from, and everyone saw the guy in the police outfit standing in a window.

I found if your gonna snipe things, you gotta back a little from the windows so people can't see you as well. Still, everyone is going to hear the bullet going through the glass and know where the sound came from, so some guards will check up on it.

The game is more about the accidental kills on missions like that.Sure you can snipe him from a window, or run up to him and throw an axe into his head or shoot him point blank, or blow up his car.... or you could sneak to the back, grab some poison, dress up like a chef, poison his sushi and calmly make your way to the exit before anyone knows what happened. You could poison his drugs, you could poison his coffee, you could push him down a deep hole in the ground, you could sneakiy shoot a 3000 pound hanging pallet to fall on him.

It's all about being unnoticed and making it look like accidents.

Did I not say I did that? Pretty sure I said I did exactly that.
---
Tomb Raider (PC), The Last of Us, Dragon's Crown (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#12ZukkusPosted 8/18/2013 2:34:43 PM
Disguised as a street vendor? Every street vendor in the tri-state area can now see through your disguise.

I can see guards in a small area not recognizing you, but every street vendor in Chinatown? Come on.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#13TheTakeover13Posted 8/18/2013 4:17:22 PM
You're right TC. Great game. Seems most of the haters either can't handle change, were terrible at it, or don't really understand the mechanics. I've been a huge Hitman fan since Silent Assassin and Ioved it.
---
The Ruler's Back.
#14TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 4:54:24 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
TimeOfTheDark posted...
The sniper rifle wasn't silenced, so as soon as you shot, you had 10,000 people looking at the window where the sound came from, and everyone saw the guy in the police outfit standing in a window.

I found if your gonna snipe things, you gotta back a little from the windows so people can't see you as well. Still, everyone is going to hear the bullet going through the glass and know where the sound came from, so some guards will check up on it.

The game is more about the accidental kills on missions like that.Sure you can snipe him from a window, or run up to him and throw an axe into his head or shoot him point blank, or blow up his car.... or you could sneak to the back, grab some poison, dress up like a chef, poison his sushi and calmly make your way to the exit before anyone knows what happened. You could poison his drugs, you could poison his coffee, you could push him down a deep hole in the ground, you could sneakiy shoot a 3000 pound hanging pallet to fall on him.

Yet you are punished for trying to go all stealth and rewarded for simply blast your targets and then run.

Uhhh no, I've been doing stealth, and I've been achieving shadow ranks on the missions and going above average scores by doing so on normal mode. However, just running up and shooting a guy, you might score 60k on a mission where as stealth people on same difficulty are scoring double that.
#15wigsplasherPosted 8/18/2013 5:17:24 PM
Amazing game. I got the platinum and loved every minute of it. Well worth a purchase.
---
Got them genetics
#16CyborgTwentyPosted 8/19/2013 4:36:13 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
TimeOfTheDark posted...

Yet you are punished for trying to go all stealth and rewarded for simply blast your targets and then run.

Uhhh no, I've been doing stealth, and I've been achieving shadow ranks on the missions and going above average scores by doing so on normal mode. However, just running up and shooting a guy, you might score 60k on a mission where as stealth people on same difficulty are scoring double that.

I already said:

It's by far the worst game in the series (the first one excluded). When i used stealth, my scores were rather low, then i tried the missions again with just going up to most targets and simply shoot them or shoot them from further away and guess what? I easily beat my stealth scores which took about 10 times more work. Why do i get punished for using stealth and try remain undetected and why do i get rewarded for playing this as a third person shooter? So either the developers want us to play this game as a generic tps or the score system is a broken mess, the weapons are way to overpowered and the stealth is way underpowered.
#17TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 5:03:22 AM
You don't get punished for stealth though. And there is no way you got higher scores by killing enemies you weren't supposed to, because you lose points each time you do(you can break even if you hide them)

The only exception is when there is a challange for an accidental kill to a non target or something.

But running up and shooting your targets DOES NOT give better scores than stealthy planned accidental kills.

In fact, you lose points for being spotted, you gain no boosts for the type of kill, and you miss out on the challenge bonuses.
#18OEIO999Posted 8/19/2013 5:36:42 AM(edited)
'before you come in with your nostalgia bias'

Because clearly it's a great game, if it can't even surpass it's predecessors that were held in older gen-consoles, in what makes the franchise. :/
#19wigsplasherPosted 8/19/2013 7:29:38 AM
The Hitman games arent even about getting high scores anyway -- theyre about getting an SA rank while being creative.
---
Got them genetics
#20shawnmckPosted 8/19/2013 9:51:41 AM
It is NOT the "worst" in the series like some people claim.
It is just different, which causes some to throw a little tantrum about it.
I've played some of the previous Hitman games, and imho, this is the best by far.
Some people just don't like change.