This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF 14 beta

#1Mindwipe77Posted 8/18/2013 8:34:32 AM
How are you guys liking it? I think it's OK but kinda boring...i dont know i dont think it's as fun as DCUO but thats just my opinion. The FF 14 beta seems highly repetitive and the quests are bland. I know beta isn't showing the full game so maybe it gets better but it's just not as good as i thought it'd be atm...might cancel pre-order and stick to DCUO until elder scrolls online or EQ next
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014/Lightning's true #1 fan
Now Playing-Dragons Crown(Amazon) Tales of Xilla CE(Millia)
#2ATTACK__CATPosted 8/18/2013 8:43:11 AM
^ I agree. It doesn't do anything original. Its WoW with an FF skin and slightly slower pacing. Also a LOT of design choices I don't like (as it happens many of the same choices I dislike in WoW) but a few of its own.

not for me. I'm not hating and if people enjoy it, good for them. I'm simply not interested in 1-2 hours running around a town doing bland repetitive busywork (not even any combat). To me any RPG where that is by far the fastest way to level is poorly designed.
#3ManuKesnaPosted 8/18/2013 8:45:16 AM
lolDCUO, i used to enjoy that game but got boring really fast, no wonder it went F2P, FF14 is way better than DCUO
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna
#4mogar002Posted 8/18/2013 8:47:07 AM
DCUO and FF14 are both boring, but at least DCUO doesn't have gameplay that's 10 years out of date.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5wubikroPosted 8/18/2013 8:54:01 AM
FFXIV will copy WoW the same way FFXI copied EQ1. It won't do anything new, it'll just refine an already existing formula.
#6JanayBerryPosted 8/18/2013 9:28:34 AM
*SHRUGS SHOULDERS*

Another opinionated post!
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Anticipating arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" 8/27/13. {Excitement!} {Can I have it!?}
#7servb0tsPosted 8/18/2013 9:51:36 AM(edited)
Its just a Beta all ready a Game Breaking Bug, over 9,000 people complained. while I've had fun bit pissed can't travel to other cities an level up other classes to 20. any form of traveling out of Limsa Lominsa is restricted. In full game I hope they fix this SE has 9 days to get this done.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#8tisukoPosted 8/18/2013 2:37:03 PM
While I am having fun with the game. I just can't see myself paying 15$ a mo (or however much the sub is), in order to play it. A lot of the time, I was just thinking of playing Guild Wars 2, as the game reminded me of it.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko | Steam: tisuko
#9Impaired MedicPosted 8/18/2013 4:01:00 PM
mogar002 posted...
DCUO and FF14 are both boring, but at least DCUO doesn't have gameplay that's 10 years out of date.

It doesn't?
---
#xboxdone
#10haexpanePosted 8/19/2013 1:24:16 PM
Yes, FF14 was taken down by the game's creators for being an absolute insult to gaming.

They rebooted it with a much prettier look and new storyline.

But the gameplay is still White Knight Chronicles, only slower. Everyone is either fetch questing or grinding skills.

The actual gameplay is shockingly boring and stagnant. Like you will be surprised that this game was re-built and that they spent all that time and money and the result is WKC III
---
How is babby formed?