This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am Tired of being the Hero in Games today

#1whatnow12012Posted 8/19/2013 1:00:06 AM
Me, My biggest gripe in gaming since I been gaming since 1982 is 1 DEAL, WE ARE ALWAYS THE HERO, The Goody Goody Good Guy, saving the world, universre or damsel in distress.

I am tired of the same ole same ole, I feel like Ground Hog Day or in a Parodox never ending Loop, this is why games are getting STALE, Redudant.

My idea is Playing as a Anti-Hero, The Bad Guy or Woman, you dont SAVE THE WORLD, YOU DESTORY THE WORLD or Leave it in RUINS, you dont Save the Damsel YOU TAKE HER.

Batman is the only game where it is an ANTI-HERO, He is a Loner, He Doesnt Make Friends But we NEED MORE. Think, Imagine an RPG or JRPG not being like Dragon Age 3 where you Save the World From Itself think What if you Destroy the World YOURSELF.

It is always the Good Guys saving the world, Bad Guys being Arrogant, Stupid like in SR IV where they Create the VR World BUT THE DIDNT USE THEMSELF.

Imagine a ANTI-Hero or Bad Guy or woman that was Cold, Caculating Ruthless NOT STUPID, Using Traits from Many Bad Guys making the ULTIMATE ANTI-HERO.

I think it would be Super Awesome being in an RPG or JRPG you dont Save people YOU DESTROY THEM, You dont Save the Damsel You TAKE HER. You Get my point.

Imagine a Mass Effect or Dragon Age you arent the Good Guy you are ANTI-HERO you dont SOLVE PROMBLEMS YOU CREATE THEM.

It is Time to think OUTSIDE THE BOX.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 8/19/2013 1:04:47 AM(edited)
After playing The Last of Us and God of War III, I really don't want to play as a villain or "anti-hero".

Batman is very heroic.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#3ShineboxerPosted 8/19/2013 1:04:48 AM
Fable came out 9 years ago.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#4wheepitupPosted 8/19/2013 1:05:01 AM
I still wish they would make a horror game where you play as the monster. Like playing as Freddie Kreuger or Jason, maybe make it like a stealth horror type game.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/RViV14j.jpg
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 8/19/2013 1:06:53 AM
wheepitup posted...
I still wish they would make a horror game where you play as the monster.

How would that be horror?
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#6wheepitupPosted 8/19/2013 1:08:38 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
wheepitup posted...
I still wish they would make a horror game where you play as the monster.

How would that be horror?

Dark environment, lots of blood and gore, although you would feel empowered rather than scared.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/RViV14j.jpg
#7DemiFistPosted 8/19/2013 1:13:27 AM
PayDay 2
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#8RaengPosted 8/19/2013 1:14:30 AM
Play Spec Ops The Line. It's pretty much a criticism about how we always have this hero-fantasy and how it's just sad..
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#9merqabahPosted 8/19/2013 1:22:33 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
Me, My biggest gripe in gaming since I been gaming since 1982 is 1 DEAL, WE ARE ALWAYS THE HERO, The Goody Goody Good Guy, saving the world, universre or damsel in distress.

I am tired of the same ole same ole, I feel like Ground Hog Day or in a Parodox never ending Loop, this is why games are getting STALE, Redudant.

My idea is Playing as a Anti-Hero, The Bad Guy or Woman, you dont SAVE THE WORLD, YOU DESTORY THE WORLD or Leave it in RUINS, you dont Save the Damsel YOU TAKE HER.

Batman is the only game where it is an ANTI-HERO, He is a Loner, He Doesnt Make Friends But we NEED MORE. Think, Imagine an RPG or JRPG not being like Dragon Age 3 where you Save the World From Itself think What if you Destroy the World YOURSELF.

It is always the Good Guys saving the world, Bad Guys being Arrogant, Stupid like in SR IV where they Create the VR World BUT THE DIDNT USE THEMSELF.

Imagine a ANTI-Hero or Bad Guy or woman that was Cold, Caculating Ruthless NOT STUPID, Using Traits from Many Bad Guys making the ULTIMATE ANTI-HERO.

I think it would be Super Awesome being in an RPG or JRPG you dont Save people YOU DESTROY THEM, You dont Save the Damsel You TAKE HER. You Get my point.

Imagine a Mass Effect or Dragon Age you arent the Good Guy you are ANTI-HERO you dont SOLVE PROMBLEMS YOU CREATE THEM.

It is Time to think OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Vampire:bloodlines is what you need
---
If you believe in Cthulhu , have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10LeJonGriffPosted 8/19/2013 1:36:24 AM
InFamous is the first that comes to mind. I swore there were a lot of games with a type of karma system. Guess not.
---
No matter what... Within my heart, Mr. Ando will always be a penguin. Humans don't say "peng peng".
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqzt3T4R38c