This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I went back to MGS1 on the ole' PS1.....

#1TheWreckonENGPosted 8/19/2013 5:53:37 AM
and holy crap this game has aged poorly! Maybe I've been spoiled by the great graphics I've seen in this current generation of consoles and my high-end gaming PC, but oh my God. I couldn't play more than half an hour because of how awful the graphics were. I know I sound like a douche, but I just couldn't, which sucks because MGS1 is one of my favorite games of all time. Maybe I can find a copy of "The Twin Snakes" somewhere for cheap...

Has anybody else had a problem revisiting an old PS1 game because of how bad they age.
#2Impaired MedicPosted 8/19/2013 6:00:48 AM
No, not in the slightest.
---
#xboxdone
#3LionheartCJPosted 8/19/2013 6:04:13 AM
TTS has shot up in price quite abit :(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c - Oh Don Piaaaaaano
#4BruceLee1974Posted 8/19/2013 6:05:36 AM
I think it's the HD tv's now days definitely don't help make the old games look any better. It shows more details and shows how bad the graphics were back then.
#5TheWreckonENG(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:07:24 AM
LionheartCJ posted...

Yeah I just looked on Amazon. Lowest price was 35 bucks!
#6blue_manPosted 8/19/2013 6:18:26 AM(edited)
I kinda feel like Twin Snakes would give a much better experience to MGS.

To be fair though, there are a lot of PS1 games have very murky graphics or clunky controls IMO.
For example I have put off FF7, because I have found it's just not as fluid to play as some of the more modern (or older) FF games.

With most PS1 games however, I now try to see if it's possible to play them on the PSP or my Xperia Play before resorting to playing them on a TV console. This does seem to improve my experience of PS1 games.
---
Currently Playing: Lucifer's Call (PS2) Ace Combat (3DS)
#7RaengPosted 8/19/2013 6:25:52 AM
TheWreckonENG posted...
LionheartCJ posted...

Consider yourself lucky. In Europe PAL versions of the disc are going for as much as 90 euro's (that's roughly 110 dollars).
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#8ThePCElitistPosted 8/19/2013 6:28:11 AM
TheWreckonENG posted...
and holy crap this game has aged poorly! Maybe I've been spoiled by the great graphics I've seen in this current generation of consoles and my high-end gaming PC, but oh my God. I couldn't play more than half an hour because of how awful the graphics were. I know I sound like a douche, but I just couldn't, which sucks because MGS1 is one of my favorite games of all time. Maybe I can find a copy of "The Twin Snakes" somewhere for cheap...

Has anybody else had a problem revisiting an old PS1 game because of how bad they age.

Quit reading in the first sentence.

Cool story go play cod now.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#9stawg007Posted 8/19/2013 6:28:13 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
No, not in the slightest.

---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#10LionheartCJPosted 8/19/2013 6:30:38 AM
Raeng posted...
TheWreckonENG posted...
LionheartCJ posted...

Consider yourself lucky. In Europe PAL versions of the disc are going for as much as 90 euro's (that's roughly 110 dollars).

Yup, i am from the UK and the lowest i've seen it recentley was for about 44. I'm hoping to find a copy in a car boot sale or something where someone doesnt know the value of it lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c - Oh Don Piaaaaaano