This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An experience for two

#1HunterTrainer72Posted 8/20/2013 6:44:24 PM
Hey guys my girl and I love to play games together but.... There's a problem haha.

She and I both started playing RE6 recently, and we're having a blast. In matter of fact Dead Space 3 and RE6 were one of the games she and I have played together and we both have had a good time. The problem is, they got boring. We're not too much into shooter type games, but love playing together.

We're trying to look for games with good co-op (couch or online) and we've both narrowed it down to these types:

Preferably a RPG

Dungeon Crawler

Level up system (IE character/skills)

Customization (said skills and/or character)

I've seen two games that we are both going to research these categories:
Sacred 2 and Dungeon Siege 3
---
Official Yveltal champion of Pokemon Y
#2merqabahPosted 8/20/2013 6:47:28 PM
borderlands games
maybe lego games(ive co-oped all with my brother we have had a blast)
---
If you believe in Cthulhu , have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3merqabahPosted 8/20/2013 6:58:02 PM
oh and marvel ultimate alliance which are dungeon crawlers,i think war in the north has co-op, portal 2 has an amazing co-op for shooters i had fun co.oping the kane and lynch games

in other platforms gears of war , left for dead, and splinter cell conviction have good co-op
---
If you believe in Cthulhu , have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4MwulfPosted 8/20/2013 7:20:26 PM
Sacred 2 is godawful.
Dungeon Siege 3 I only played a little bit of, but really didn't like it (super-linear).

Diablo 3 is coming out soon, it might have same-screen co-op, I don't know.

For right now, I'd recommend Dragon's Crown, if you can stomach the art style. Co-op is supposed to be very good (though I haven't tried it) and it's very much a dungeon crawler.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#5DJ_0000Posted 8/20/2013 7:24:05 PM
Tales of Xillia perhaps, I have Dungeon Siege but I only played it for a few hours and it wasn't that great to be honest.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#6CannotRememberPosted 8/20/2013 7:27:42 PM
Dragon's Crown is your best bet but refrain from picking Sorceress if your old girl is a jealous type.
---
Now playing:Dragon's Crown,Papers Please,Ducktales Remastered
#7MwulfPosted 8/20/2013 8:22:17 PM
If you're going out with a girl who gets jealous of game characters... you're dating a crazy woman. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#8Dave4202Posted 8/20/2013 8:40:42 PM
Dungeon Defenders, kind of an old game but it's great and still pretty active. It's more than worth the 15$. I got more hours into it then most 60$ disc games.
#9lostkiwiPosted 8/20/2013 8:45:33 PM
You've almost described Borderlands / Borderlands 2, except it's not a dungeon crawler. It's split screen though, rather than an isometric view common to dungeon crawlers.

Diablo 3 will have local co-op when it's released as well, so it may work for you.

I've played Dungeon Siege 3 - It's alright. Nothing spectacular, but I would imagine that Co-Op would be quite fun.

If you are flexible which what you are looking for then another great co-op downloadable game is Dead Nation.
---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/