This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

honestly i have not played a PS3 game with better graphics than those of FF13

#1samatashPosted 8/20/2013 7:51:17 PM
can you guys name titles with better visuals?
#2MwulfPosted 8/20/2013 8:08:38 PM
On PS3?

Well, that's tough. FFXIII is certainly a very pretty game. I'd say Uncharted 2 probably comes closest, though I'd say Flower, Valkyria Chronicles and Dark Souls come close.

Not sure if Okami HD counts, but it does, it's there too.

The only game, on any platform, whose visuals have impressed me more than FFXIII has been Muramasa, on the Wii and Vita. Absolutely gorgeous.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#3dr_zombergPosted 8/20/2013 8:35:00 PM
heavy rain.

tell me a gen ago those were 3d characters and i would have called you a liar and a witch.
show me screens of ff13 and ill tell you they look exactly like resin figures.
---
GT: Titanic Toddler
PSN: KRISHANKO
#4Mr_HakubiPosted 8/20/2013 9:08:21 PM
Games with better graphics than FFXIII?

Heavy Rain
God of War III / Ascension
Mass Effect 2-3
Crysis 3
Killzone 2-3
Uncharted 2-3
Tomb Raider
MGR
---
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/MrHakubi/Tenchi%20Muyo/1e16f739.jpg
#5iamtruthPosted 8/20/2013 9:55:32 PM
FF 13 is the only game ive seen blend art style and realistic graphics perfectly,but if were talking raw graphics uncharted 2 and 3 beat it.

i doubt heavy rain would be able to sustain a decent frame rate with actual gameplay.
#6docman864Posted 8/20/2013 9:57:21 PM
Mr_Hakubi posted...
Games with better graphics than FFXIII?

Heavy Rain
God of War III / Ascension
Mass Effect 2-3
Crysis 3
Killzone 2-3
Uncharted 2-3
Tomb Raider
MGR

I wouldn't call Mass Effect pretty.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#7jtrevor99Posted 8/20/2013 10:04:32 PM
I have.

Afrika.
#8656stoogePosted 8/20/2013 10:23:42 PM
FFXIII has amazing graphics on a technical level, but I didn't like the art direction or level design. Most of the time you stood on a plain, metallic walk way, and all the pretty things were off in the distance. There weren't too many areas where the playing area of the game looked amazing. Most of the time they were very stiff and lifeless.

A few parts that stand out are the Asian themed building on the why to Hope's house, the part where you return to Cocoon and the giant turtles are destroying everything, and the beach scene near the beginning.

Some other areas looked nice, the part where you return to Cocoon and you're running along a platform in the sky after the race CGI scene, but as I said, it was really only a pretty backdrop. The actual area you were able to explore wasn't impressive.

The character models and CGI were spectacular though. Except for those close ups of square hands.

Anyway, how do the environments in XIII-2 hold up? I was going to start playing that but I got distract by a few other RPGs.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9mogar002Posted 8/20/2013 10:25:06 PM
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Killzone 3
TLoU
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#10Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 8/21/2013 1:32:37 AM
656stooge posted...
FFXIII has amazing graphics on a technical level, but I didn't like the art direction or level design. Most of the time you stood on a plain, metallic walk way, and all the pretty things were off in the distance. There weren't too many areas where the playing area of the game looked amazing. Most of the time they were very stiff and lifeless.

A few parts that stand out are the Asian themed building on the why to Hope's house, the part where you return to Cocoon and the giant turtles are destroying everything, and the beach scene near the beginning.

Some other areas looked nice, the part where you return to Cocoon and you're running along a platform in the sky after the race CGI scene, but as I said, it was really only a pretty backdrop. The actual area you were able to explore wasn't impressive.

The character models and CGI were spectacular though. Except for those close ups of square hands.

Anyway, how do the environments in XIII-2 hold up? I was going to start playing that but I got distract by a few other RPGs.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The environments in FFXIII-2 didn't hold up quite as well and neither did the character models. The only thing that appears better is the special effects (spells, monster deaths, etc). The characters aren't even close to as detailed and the environments although much more explorable and interesting to seek out all the treasures, are still pretty basic FF stereotype (floating islands in time/space, huge cities with no residents with homes, etc.).

I definitely recommend it though it was a hundred times more fun to play than FFXIII and I liked FFXIII to a point (stopped at the Turtle grinding for gil).