This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why do people seem to hate Tales of Graces f?

#21majin nemesisPosted 8/21/2013 2:17:33 AM
mogar002 posted...
Because the story, characters, graphics, music, voice acting, and AI are garbage.

no
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#22MV6000Posted 8/21/2013 2:54:19 AM
I love Tales of Graces F. I too don't understand the hate it gets but oh well everyone has different opinions.
---
AC:NL FC 3007-8417-0602
http://psnprofiles.com/MV6000
#23zKanoePosted 8/21/2013 3:04:46 AM
Why do people seem to hate/love anything? It's simply because they do and have their own reasoning behind it whether you agree or not.

I personally love graces f as it's my favorite tales of title and I've played every tales of release up to date (meaning the ones not released in the west) and I feel that Graces is the best title out of them all.

Loved everything about the game from the story, the characters, music, game-play, the AI (I have no clue what people are talking about as the AI is awesome, especially more so than the Symphonia styled tales of titles), etc.
---
3DS FC:2535-3850-1995
#24ghostofspartapPosted 8/21/2013 3:14:32 AM
cause its a wii game .once i think on give it a try but then i read its a wii game with some graphical treatment
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<------> WIIU-heroeoftime <-------------> i just hate what they do to final fantasy
#25-GLICE-Posted 8/21/2013 3:16:29 AM
Tales of Graces F and Dark Souls are my favorite games on PS3. They are wonderful.

Tales of Graces F is looked down upon because it doesn't have realistic graphics, you don't shoot things, and it isn't an interactive movie. Also, people here are unable to take humor and lightheartedness.

Tales of Graces F is a blasty blast.
---
Lightning Won't Leave: Final Fantasy XIII-17
i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/a.jpg
#26EurAsianGirlPosted 8/21/2013 3:16:42 AM
I don't really get the hate either TC, tbh I think its because most of the people picking it up are veteran JRPG players so the story/characters in Graces F is cliche beyond belief, almost looking like a blatant rip-off even when the development is good.

Take Sophie for instance. A non-human like character who is naive about humanity and only knows how to fight yet through interaction with Asbel and Co slowly starts to gain humanity. Sounds like excellent character development right? Well it is! ...Except for the fact that its already been done 18 years prior in the form of Lucia from Lunar 2 Eternal Blue.

Really, I get this sneaking suspicion that most people hate Graces so much because Sophie feels like a rip-off of Lucia and they just can't take being reminded of one of the great JRPG classic series that is now, unfortunately dead. That and the whole "JRPGS must always be original no matter what!"

Of course most gamers would never admit to this being the reason, but I've got a sneaking suspicion its due to this. I mean think about it, why is Sophie considered a "meh" character when Lucia is always praised to the high ceiling even though they're both technically the same archetype and go through the exact same development?

I guess this is sort of like the case where every magical girl series that came after Sailor Moon is viewed as a "rip-off" and "trash."

Well, that's my 2 cents anyways, take it from a long time JRPG player.
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#27zombie_basher13Posted 8/21/2013 3:17:02 AM
I like Graces f but dammit all I hate Sophie so much sometimes. She's so obnoxious. *spoilers*

Richard is evil and trying to take over world, succeeding, trying to kill all main characters, Sophie says" Asbel, is Richard still your friend? Is Richard still my friend? But Richard is my friiiiiieeeeend, I don't wanna fight him." FRIK THAT CRAP. I mean are you serious? What kind of hack wrote this script and thought it was even decent? Sophie just brings down the whole story with that crap and I can't even take it seriously because of her. And here I thought she was cute and funny at first. She's worse than Limle or what's her face from Star Ocean (well that's debatable I suppose. I personally got used to the kay, it was merely repetitive more than anything, not cringe inducing like wondering if a super evil villain is still your friend.
---
Even if Final Fantasy XV is the best FF ever it doesn't excuse the long wait (8+ years).
#28majin nemesisPosted 8/21/2013 3:31:57 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
I like Graces f but dammit all I hate Sophie so much sometimes. She's so obnoxious. *spoilers*

Richard is evil and trying to take over world, succeeding, trying to kill all main characters, Sophie says" Asbel, is Richard still your friend? Is Richard still my friend? But Richard is my friiiiiieeeeend, I don't wanna fight him." FRIK THAT CRAP. I mean are you serious? What kind of hack wrote this script and thought it was even decent? Sophie just brings down the whole story with that crap and I can't even take it seriously because of her. And here I thought she was cute and funny at first. She's worse than Limle or what's her face from Star Ocean (well that's debatable I suppose. I personally got used to the kay, it was merely repetitive more than anything, not cringe inducing like wondering if a super evil villain is still your friend.

or maybe she subconsciously knows that is Lambda and not Richard that is being evil also she's confused since Richard is good the turn evil then seems to be good again and let's not forget that Asbel still considers Richard his friend which further confuses Sophie
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#29zombie_basher13Posted 8/21/2013 3:54:00 AM
majin nemesis posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

or maybe she subconsciously knows that is Lambda and not Richard that is being evil also she's confused since Richard is good the turn evil then seems to be good again and let's not forget that Asbel still considers Richard his friend which further confuses Sophie

Yeah I got that but I'm pretty sure she asks that before they ever even learn of Lambda, like the very first time he attack them, right after it she asks that dumb question. And asks it over and over, every time they encounter him if I recall right (been a while since I played last, haven't beat it yet, trying to finish M&L Dream Team) which gets so annoying. And whatever the justification, it's still corny as frik.

But believe me, that's pretty much the only thing that actually bothers me in the story (it's kinda big though). I like everything and everyone else for the most part, it's interesting, love Pascal (the whole lesbian thing with Sophie is creepy as hell though especially with the knowledge later that she isn't a real human), like all other characters (though holy crap Cheria can be such a DRAMA QUEEN), and great humor.
---
Even if Final Fantasy XV is the best FF ever it doesn't excuse the long wait (8+ years).
#30grungastzenkiPosted 8/21/2013 4:10:26 AM
I don't know this games is great. I like abyss and symphonia better i admits. But this games is awesome too and it has the best battle system (i haven't play Xillia yet though).