This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What driving/racing games would you suggest if I hate/love these types of games?

#1GoddessGirlPosted 8/21/2013 6:21:59 PM
80/80 (o.O.)

I've played & loved Burnout Paradise (PS3), Smash Cars (PSN/PS3), PixelJunk Racers Second Lap (PS3), Modnation Racers (PS3), LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3), Sleeping Dogs (PS3) Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (GameCube), & WipeOut games (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3) So...I thought I enjoyed all racing/driving games until I tried Superstar V8 Racing, Shift 2 Unleashed, & Ferrari Challenge.

Is there a type of driving game I've enjoyed or haven't enjoyed? I'm sorry I'm not tapped into the current lingo & this must sound like an idiotic question >.> I have read the terms arcade vs realistic but am not clear if either term could apply to my preferences.
#2CorathTheHungPosted 8/21/2013 6:24:27 PM
Pick up Motorstorm: Apocalypse. Awesome game for $20.
---
Mods cannot hold me
Terms of Use cannot control me
#3Devilman_AmonPosted 8/21/2013 6:28:15 PM
GoddessGirl posted...
80/80 (o.O.)

I've played & loved Burnout Paradise (PS3), Smash Cars (PSN/PS3), PixelJunk Racers Second Lap (PS3), Modnation Racers (PS3), LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3), Sleeping Dogs (PS3) Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (GameCube), & WipeOut games (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3) So...I thought I enjoyed all racing/driving games until I tried Superstar V8 Racing, Shift 2 Unleashed, & Ferrari Challenge.

Is there a type of driving game I've enjoyed or haven't enjoyed? I'm sorry I'm not tapped into the current lingo & this must sound like an idiotic question >.> I have read the terms arcade vs realistic but am not clear if either term could apply to my preferences.

Project Gotham Racing 4 (360)
Split/Second
Blur
Sonic All Stars Racing
F Zero GX
Grid
R: Racing Evolution
Initial D Street Stage (PS2)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4pez2k_Posted 8/25/2013 12:30:00 PM
GoddessGirl posted...
I have read the terms arcade vs realistic but am not clear if either term could apply to my preferences.

Slightly old topic bump, but the games you like are very much the definition of arcade racers. The three you don't like would generally be classed as 'sim lite' or 'realistic racers', a tier below 'racing simulations' like iRacing or rFactor that don't often come to consoles.

Other than the suggestions already made, the Midnight Club series might appeal to you, they're generally quite difficult but MC:LA on PS3 / 360 was patched to be a lot easier than the others. I'd also suggest most NFS titles, with the exceptions of the Shift sub-series and Prostreet, and also the Test Drive series with the exception of Ferrari Racing Legends (a 'sim lite' that NFS Shift is based on) and Unlimited 2 (plain awful).
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k
#5TehRYNOLPosted 8/25/2013 1:11:48 PM
Yeah I'd suggest MotorStorm and Sonic All-Stars Racing.

It seems like you don't like more realistic games like Gran Turismo, Forza, and Shift, so you should probably stay away from them.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#6tuna-eggPosted 8/25/2013 8:30:07 PM
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ridge Racer (7..and others) are my favorite racing games, and I only play the arcade ones.
#7WildsparkPosted 8/25/2013 8:33:21 PM
You've gotta try split/second.
---
We're the gaming community. We don't have to respect anyone or their wishes- FayeLady
#8kinterpin890Posted 8/25/2013 8:47:49 PM
Outrun 2
SEGA Rally Online Arcade
All-Stars Racing Transformed
#9wstfldPosted 8/25/2013 9:09:30 PM
CorathTheHung posted...
Pick up Motorstorm: Apocalypse. Awesome game for $20.

And Pacific Rift.
---
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZ Mercenary Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins (Vita)
#10wstfldPosted 8/25/2013 9:09:49 PM
Wildspark posted...
You've gotta try split/second.

This is also really fun.
---
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZ Mercenary Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins (Vita)