This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What driving/racing games would you suggest if I hate/love these types of games?

#11TerraUniversePosted 8/26/2013 5:10:07 AM
So, it looks like you like arcade racers and kart racers and not the realistic racers. The difference is that in a realistic you have to actually press break in the corners and turns and then accelerate at the right times. It can be fun, once you get how to do it. Games like Gran Turismo or Forza are realistic. With an arcade racer you can just accelerate and turn quickly without worrying too much.

Some good arcade racers and kart racers for the PS3:

Blur
Cars: Race-O-Rama
Pure
Ridge Racer 7
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Dreamworks Madagascar Kartz
#12TerotrousPosted 8/26/2013 6:39:12 AM(edited)
TerraUniverse posted...
So, it looks like you like arcade racers and kart racers and not the realistic racers. The difference is that in a realistic you have to actually press break in the corners and turns and then accelerate at the right times.

This is also true of some hybrid games, like Wipeout, which she listed in her OP. I would say that the real difference between Sim and other type of racing games is that in Sim, you have to take corners at a reasonable speed. In most Hybrid Racers, as long as you time and control it perfectly, you can still take corners at nearly full speed.

Anyway, you've already received lots of great suggestions for other Arcade and Hyrbid Racers. However, you asked if there were any other types of racing games you hadn't played yet, so here are a few:

Arcade Style Racing Games:

These games typically allow you to upgrade your car between races, but not repeat races, so you have to make sure you're keeping pace with your rivals or the game quickly becomes impossible.

(PS2) Jak X: Combat Racing
(SNES) Biker Mice from Mars
(PS1) Red Asphalt
(SNES / Genesis) Rock n' Roll Racing
(NES / SNES / Genesis) Super Off-Road
(NES) Galaxy 5000
(NES) Super Sprint
(NES) RC Pro AM 1 and 2
(NES) Eliminator Boat Duel

Aquatic / Airplane / Snowboard / BMX Racing:

Obviously, not all games have you racing cars. Boats and planes can also be raced, and Snowboard / BMX Racing bares some similarities to traditional racing, too.

(Wii U / PS3 / 360) Sonic and AllStars Racing Transformed
(N64) Diddy Kong Racing
(N64) Snowboard Kids 1 and 2
(Wii) Shaun White Road Trip / World Stage
(GC / XBox / PS2) SSX Tricky / 3
(DC / N64 / PS1) Hydro Thunder
(N64 / GC) Wave Race / Blue Storm
(N64 / GC) 1080 Snowboarding / Avalanche
(PS2) Downhill Domination
(PS1) Choro Q Marine

Oddballs:

Not much to say about these other than that they're all pretty unique.

(PS2) Road Trip
(PS2) ChoroQ
(GC) Kirby Air Ride
(SNES) Uniracers
(PS2) Kinetica
(Saturn) Sonic R (also available via Sonic Gems Collection on GC / PS2 / XBox)
(PS1) Running Wild
(N64 / PS1) Lego Racers
(DS) Monster Racers
(NES) Stunt Kids
(N64) Iggy's Reckin' Balls
(PC) Nimbus
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery