This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everybody hate Capcom these days?

#11Bob the AlmightyPosted 8/23/2013 7:01:06 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
what have they done right? thats the better question. im not comng up with anything.

Capcom was actually the best Japanese publisher on the 360/PS3 during the first three or four years of this generation (Dead Rising, Street Fighter 4, Mega Man 9, Lost Planet). Then they just got greedy and started viewing their fans as ATMs.

Just wait til next-gen when they jump on the "pay to play," "freeium," and "microtransactions" bandwagons.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#12Retroxgamer0Posted 8/23/2013 7:19:43 PM
but i dont support developers who treat their customers like dirt
#13ItalianIdiotPosted 8/23/2013 7:27:53 PM
- DmC (And for the hundred time, the story and gameplay was a letdown and a disgrace, the new "Dante" was better with black hair than the **** he got after beating Vergil)

- Resident Evil butchered (thought I still liked RE4...)

- Megaman KILLED. (Oh great, now Nintendo is saving him just like they did with Sonic with Smash!)

- DLC shenanigans.

- Treating customers like ****.

- Not making a decent game since SF4.
#14gamestop27Posted 8/23/2013 7:37:00 PM(edited)
I don't hate Capcom and I enjoy their games, but what they've done with Sengoku Basara pisses me off. They renamed the first game Devil Kings and removed all references to Japanese history to appeal to Westerners, well the 16th century to be specific since that's what it was based off of .The game bombs and in usual fashion Capcom blames everyone but themselves. Sengoku Basara 2 and its expansion are kept in Japan as a result. Sengoku Basara 3 comes around and Capcom decides they want to give the series another go in the West by not advertising it much or dispelling the Samurai Warriors clone accusations. It is also announced to have 40 playable characters and we up with 16 with the producer of the series(Hiroyuki Kobayashi) admitting they ran out of time because Capcom rushed them.

It's been renamed Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes to try and make people forget about Devil Kings. The game bombs again and Capcom blames the fans...again. Sengoku Basara 3: Utage stays in Japan, Sven tells fans on a stream that Capcom won't even breathe in our direction for future installments.

To add insult to injury:
-On the Capcom Unity forums, it was stated that Capcom expected Samurai Heroes to sell half a million.(I'll try to find the old thread and post the link if possible)

-Sometime last year a poster who happened to be friends the guy in charge of marketing Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes in North America admitted on that he didn't care about promoting the game, which explained a lot. Now the 4th game is coming out next year and while I don't have a problem importing, I am disappointed with how this series has been handled.
---
I understand your attempts at humor, I simply do not find them entertaining.~Bladewolf
#15ItalianIdiotPosted 8/23/2013 7:37:56 PM
I've forgotten about Samurai Heroes, that's another reasons to be furious at them, even I did discovered it late and played only samurai heroes.
#16WarhawkPosted 8/23/2013 7:44:16 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Canceled every Mega Man they've announced during the last two or three years.

Sums it up for lot of people.
---
FAQ Outlaw | FAQs: 19
Website: www.warhawkfaqs.webs.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/GameFAQsWarhawk
#17gamestop27Posted 8/23/2013 7:58:21 PM
I found the forum post I was talking about with Capcom's unreasonable expectations:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28067349/capcom-how-can-non-jp-fans-meet-you-guys-halfway-with-sengoku-basara-3-utage?post_num=44#503800555

Sven Posted...

Guys, I understand your interest and passion for the title, but there's no way you're going to convince me that a significant enough number of people are going to buy a Basara title in North America at a reasonable price point. We've tried twice now across two generations.

We released the last Basara title in two SKUs at budget price points ($29.99 SRP). There's no way you're going to convert the last outting's performance, regardless of what shortcomings you perceive, into a 6X - 8X performance in revenue for future titles.

Not every title that's made needs to be released in the West if the game has a sustainable base in Japan.

The 3rd game sold 500,000 in Japan.
---
I understand your attempts at humor, I simply do not find them entertaining.~Bladewolf
#18aj4x94Posted 8/23/2013 8:39:14 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Resident Evil 5/6
DmC
Breath of Fire 6
Terrible DLC practices meant to screw over loyal fans instead of reward them
Canceled every Mega Man they've announced during the last two or three years

Capcom and Square-Enix are quickly becoming the Japanese EA LOL.

All this. And Capcom's been worse than EA for awhile now.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#19captsplatter_1Posted 8/23/2013 8:41:18 PM
On disc DLC.
#20MadDewgPosted 8/23/2013 9:23:00 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
what have they done right? thats the better question. im not comng up with anything.

Personally, I friggin' loved bionic commando re-armed, megaman 9 and megaman 10, although I can see how newer generation gamers can be turned off from that stuff.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing monster hunter 3 ult., fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, shantae: risky's revenge