This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Mass Effect 2 *Plot spoilers for series*

#1bretnsidPosted 8/24/2013 8:38:24 PM
I haven't played the game in a few months so I don't remember - I have that (genetically altered?) Krogan locked up in my space shuttle right now. I remember I captured him during a mission. So when I walk near him it says "Activate". I have two questions :

1. What was the backstory about this Krogan again? I remember Krogan's were becoming endangered or something and they couldn't have children? I would check online for myself but I don't want to accidentally run into spoilers.

2. Just to be sure - I may want to let the Krogan die instead of "activating him", but will I be given the option later on? Right now it only says "activate" next to the Krogan...so do I push that and then it lets me choose or would that actually make me activate him?

Thanks for any answers and please no spoilers beyond this point in the series. Thanks! :)
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#2RoxasANobodyPosted 8/24/2013 8:51:02 PM
Krogan's became a problem because they populated too quickly thus the Turians and the Salarians concocted the Genophage to eliminate the fertility of the females (or something like that). The Krogan in the container is special because he was created in a pod and he had the best traits of Krogans put into him.

There may be a way, but it includes spoilers. If you don't want to use him at all, you can simply leave the tank alone.
---
http://tinyurl.com/mbl6d3k - It'll make your day.
Currently playing: FIFA 13, Mass Effect Trilogy, and Forza 4
#3bretnsid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:25:36 PM
Oh ok, because I remember the option was to activate or basically kill him or something according to the story. I guess if I leave him alone for now I will be prompted with a choice eventually?
---
#4arclouks_xPosted 8/27/2013 7:28:36 PM
bretnsid posted...
Oh ok, because I remember the option was to activate or basically kill him or something according to the story. I guess if I leave him alone for now I will be prompted with a choice eventually?

Not really nothing happens, I highly suggest activating him.
---
PSN:JustArc_/arclouksx
Now playing:Dragon's crown,YS Seven
#5bretnsid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:43:04 PM
Oh ok, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. I thought according to the story this Krogan was dangerous and they made it seem like I could let him die and there would be consequences. I guess I'll just activate him then. Thanks.
---