This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling it: Ni No Kuni is this year's best game

#1BearprintPosted 8/28/2013 12:21:16 AM
Extremely, extremely beautiful and touching story. I just loved how it reminded me of old 90's J-RPGs with a world-map, stunning locales and memorable characters. The relationship between the boy and his mother just brings a warm tear to my eye, it really is a piece of art. And the music is unforgettable.

Not even GTA V can touch it by the end of the year come December if you ask for my personal opinion. It was like being transported back to my childhood.

I'm really, really curious of how many GOTY-awards it will be given by sites like IGN, Gameinformer and the like.
---
Snake and Cloud = Best Heros Ever
#2OfficerTJHookaPosted 8/28/2013 12:26:36 AM(edited)
you're blinded by nostalgia
---
Hey
#3CojiroseanPosted 8/28/2013 12:26:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4AlltraPosted 8/28/2013 12:31:35 AM(edited)
Dude, I love Ni No Kuni, but ....no.

It's great, don't get me wrong, but it's got too many issues to be the best game of this year. I mean, really, what are you even saying here? You're telling me that every other game released so far this year is worse than Ni No Kuni? A game that has a storyline that literally demeans the players playing it, is so easy that a 2 year old with no reading skills could beat it, has FFXII's battle system minus Gambits or any other form of basic AI controls, and a monster taming system that is so random you might never catch certain monsters. That's the best game this year? What's that say about the rest of the games released so far?

I like RPGs from the 90's too, but c'mon man, really? We can do so much better than this. This overall design is great, but the execution, the details, can be and have been improved upon. Everything NNK does has been done better by other RPGs. The basic formula is great, and I love most everything about the formula, but the game needs a ton of polish.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5CojiroseanPosted 8/28/2013 12:27:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6The_WeeabooPosted 8/28/2013 12:33:55 AM
Bearprint posted...
I'm really, really curious of how many GOTY-awards it will be given by sites like IGN, Gameinformer and the like.

Probably none since the biased western media only likes yoge kusoge now.

Xenoblade only managed one award from some no-name site, and it was a better game than Ni no Kuni.
---
Nippon Banzai!
#7AjidoMarujidoPosted 8/28/2013 2:37:23 AM(edited)
Nah, not even the year's best JRPG.

It is a really good game though.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 and PC)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#8Brocken_JrPosted 8/28/2013 2:20:08 AM
i still think it goes to RUUULES OF NAAATURE, but i only played the demo of nnk, the gameplay was fun
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37imzONjr3o
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
#9Worker_8_Posted 8/28/2013 2:29:27 AM
NNK won't be nominated for any GOTY awards.
#10_PerfectionistPosted 8/28/2013 3:10:14 AM
What's so good about this game? I tried the demo but its gameplay wasn't that good.