This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling it: Ni No Kuni is this year's best game

#31DarkHeroRavenPosted 8/28/2013 5:16:59 AM
It's good, but definitely not anywhere near GotY, imo.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#32OEIO999Posted 8/28/2013 5:50:47 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
OEIO999 posted...
So all it was capable of was reminding you of the gaming features of the 90's? Wow, definitely a great reason to award the game GOTY, on the basis TC getting his nostalgia wet.

whats wrong that?

not that i feel ni no kuni is goty material, but the fps genre and 3rd person shooter are also from the 90's.

What does genre have anything to do with it? I'm talking about a game that still uses features that was 'fresh' in the 90's.
#33MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/28/2013 5:52:12 AM
Bioshock Infinite
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#34GigerSupremePosted 8/28/2013 5:53:32 AM
OEIO999 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
OEIO999 posted...
So all it was capable of was reminding you of the gaming features of the 90's? Wow, definitely a great reason to award the game GOTY, on the basis TC getting his nostalgia wet.

whats wrong that?

not that i feel ni no kuni is goty material, but the fps genre and 3rd person shooter are also from the 90's.

What does genre have anything to do with it? I'm talking about a game that still uses features that was 'fresh' in the 90's.

features from the 90's?

such as?

also, you say it like its a bad thing.

i find games from the 90s are more challenging and complex in their execution and scope. need i remind you that "mouse look" was a feature from the 90's and is till used to this day... even in console fps games.
#35Bearprint(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:10:26 AM
It's not true that the story was unimpressive.

I thought it was Disney-esque inspiring, just imagine how the world would be if everyone played this game. Everyone would just have more energy and optimism. Plus Drippy was so freaking cool.
---
Snake and Cloud = Best Heros Ever
#36SignusZerielPosted 8/28/2013 9:01:47 AM
Bearprint posted...
It's not true that the story was unimpressive.

I thought it was Disney-esque inspiring, just imagine how the world would be if everyone played this game. Everyone would just have more energy and optimism. Plus Drippy was so freaking cool.

It was worse than unimpressive. It was uninteresting.

Nothing happens. Nothing worthwhile happens because the game has the same level of tension building as being in a coma.

None of the characters were appealing. None of them were more than one-dimensional at best.

The gameplay was a train colliding into a children's hospital.

The only good part of the game is the part of the game that was ill-fitting to the game. The music.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#37superbowl54Posted 8/28/2013 9:04:03 AM
if you mean most overrated, definitely.

It's not even the best in it's own genre to have come out this year, let alone best overall.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#38RafedxPosted 8/28/2013 9:09:16 AM
Bearprint posted...
Extremely, extremely beautiful and touching story. I just loved how it reminded me of old 90's J-RPGs with a world-map, stunning locales and memorable characters. The relationship between the boy and his mother just brings a warm tear to my eye, it really is a piece of art. And the music is unforgettable.

Not even GTA V can touch it by the end of the year come December if you ask for my personal opinion. It was like being transported back to my childhood.

I'm really, really curious of how many GOTY-awards it will be given by sites like IGN, Gameinformer and the like.

It's a good game, I loved the world and the music was really well done. I also love the studio that is behind it. With that said though I stopped playing once I found the last crystal for the Mournstar. I lost total interest in it, which is a shame as I was having fun but as I progressed further I kept losing more and more interest. I did find the familiars to be pretty bland and in many cases downright terrible in design.

Good game but definitely not GOTY material for me.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic
#39Bearprint(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 5:15:24 AM
I disagree with some of you. You can outgrow The Simpsons and South Park and even MTV, but you simply can't outgrow such a beautiful, pure piece of art like this. If you did, it would be almost identical to outgrowing the concept of love in my opinion.

Ni No Kuni is simply timeless. And ageless.
---
Snake and Cloud = Best Heros Ever
#40GigerSupremePosted 8/29/2013 5:18:24 AM
Bearprint posted...
I disagree with some of you. You can outgrow The Simpsons and South Park and even MTV, but you simply can't outgrow such a beautiful, pure piece of art like this. If you did, it would be almost identical to outgrowing the concept of love in my opinion.

Ni No Kuni is simply timeless. And ageless.

timeless? i guess.

sleep inducing? definitly.